or Connect

Posts by wornout

Well, my house is trashed. Why? Because I went on strike as of Wednesday night. I am waiting to see how long before someone realizes they are hungry. This isn't just because of him. My kids are spoiled rotten (yes, I know, my fault) so when my 5 1/2 year old said, "can i have something to drink" my response was "if you can get it" (I kind of felt bad about that though). I plan on doing this all weekend to them beacause they need it. I will clean and stuff on Sunday...
Well, things have gotten easier over the last couple of weeks. I made a chart of stuff that needs to be done every day so I can keep track of it and that works well. And I thank everyone for their dinner ideas! OK, so I am whining because I had a MAJOR migraine today and didn't want to do ANYTHING but he picked up his kids and brought them over like usual and then started about how he didn't feel well either and normally he would suck it up and do everything but he...
Wow so many great food ideas. Thanks. Let me know if anyone has anymore! I am taking notes! So why not add some more drama for me....sigh...tonight was "meet the teacher night" at two of the schools. My 5 yr old and the 12 yr old of his. SO my parents come and watch the 5, 7 and 8 year old while I go meet the new kindergarden teacher and Chad decides to go pick up his ex and his 12 yr old and all three go to her open house at school. Great. Huh? No...because...
Oh and yes....any food ideas would be GREAT. I think I am going to take the idea above and have a picnic in the living room with a good movie or something. We watched Smokey and the Bandit last weekend. It has some bad language (yes, I am a bad mom) but I still think it's better than the snobbery and "cute" materialistic girls on some of the Disney shows (except Even Stevens. I love that show). And, really, it's not like they haven't heard "damn" anywhere before....
777: You guys sound exactly like us (dad teaches life lessons, mom does details, one kid add, he working hard, mom working harder) minus the other drama of course. It made me smile. Anyway, to answer your questions...here is the situation. chad and I have known each other 20 years. We dated off and on (more off than on) through HS but were always really clicked and opened up to each other (I was the only one who knew the big bad football player/arrogent jock could cry...
Thanks and I did start to make a HUGE dry-erase board calendar last night, it's half done. I will look for some recipies tonight when everything is done (say around 1am ), I think I just figured out a bunch of the problem. We are trying to be one family when we are still two and we can't completly be one until the other one is "done" (gosh, I need to come up with some better way of saying that, it sounds so aweful). But no one wants to take anything away from mom but...
My finance is there but he does a lot of manual labor now (just switched from an office job to a position that is not at a desk recently) so he is WORN out by the end of the day. I work too. Up until two weeks ago, I worked 8-5 m-f but I started leaving at 2 so the kids (mine) don't have to go to daycare afterschool. I am craming my 8-5 job into an 8-2 job so I bring work home alot too (not that I ever get around to working on it so I am behind here as well). As far as...
Hi all. I am new here and thought I would ask for any advise anyone could give me. I am not going to go into all the specifics (we would be here all night) but here is the situation:Facts: 1. I am engaged to a wonderful guy I have known for 20 years. 2. I have 2 kids 5 year old boy and 8 year old girl. 3. He has two girls 7 and 12 4. His ex-wife has terminal brain cancer and is defying odds at this point still being here after 2 years. 5. Everyone gets along...