or Connect

Posts by fiorio

My DS first showed interest in HP when he was about 5 since I have all the books and he thought they looked interesting. We've read parts of the first book and he's listened to some of the audio book, but he doesn't have the attention span to get through the whole book yet. I let him watch the first movie at 5, and just recently (8 months later) we both decided he was ready to watch the third movie. I'm not going to let him go beyond that for at least a year now. I think...
My son (6 next month) started getting sassy when he started kindergarten. I think partly it's influence from other kids, but mostly it's because he thinks he's a "big kid" now and knows everything. He will ask me a question, and when I answer he says "I knoooooow" in a snotty voice. If you knew, then why'd you ask???  I hope he gets over it soon. In the meantime, I try to follow Love & Logic with him, and try not to get angry and irritated in response. Some days it's...
If you plan to have the kids play in the living or dining room and they end up overflowing into the bedroom I wouldn't worry about it. But designating the bedroom as THE play place would seem odd to me. 
I would be weirded out by that, but I wouldn't say it's poor etiquette. I guess it depends on your relationship with the guests. To me, the adult or family bedroom isn't a hang-out spot for company. But that's just my weirdness. 
We used to do a name exchange with my mom's family, and it was a big production with one person opening their present at a time while everyone watched. I was completely mortified one year when my opened my gift from my aunt...a short slinky silky purple nighty, with a little black tassle in the middle of the lowcut neckline. I was 12. A very dorky, big-glassed, bracefaced flatchested 12. I have no idea why she thought it was a good idea to shop for me at Victoria's...
  That is so sad. :( 
Quote: Originally Posted by IxIa The worse I can think of at this moment... My DS1 was born with a hematoma birthmark on his nose which was very noticeable when he was an infant. When he was about 7 months old, I was wearing him while waiting to check out at a Target. Two youngish girls who were in front of me kept glancing back at DS and whispering. When I finally caught their eye, they snickered and said "cute baby" in a totally sarcastic tone. I was...
Can't think of the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, but here's two of the meanest. 1. I was invited the day before to my friend's 12th birthday slumber party, and there were two other girls who had been invited a couple weeks earlier. Shortly after I arrived, my "friend" told me privately that she didn't want to invite me but her mom suggested that she should in case Guests #1 and #2 paired up in that way mean girls do and left the birthday girl out. I felt like...
I call my in-laws by their first names. I've been married 10 years and I LOVE my in-laws but still I would feel weird calling them Mom and Dad. It's too bad your MIL is trying to pressure or guilt you into calling her Mom. Would it be possible for you to explain how you feel to her? Or if you are comfortable with it could you call her Ma or another mom-substitute to appease her?
Quote: Originally Posted by ellemenope We were at the mall earlier and there was a baby with the same stuffed bunny as DD(2.25). It caught DD's eye and she stopped in her tracks pointed to it and with a look of disgust yelled, "Can you believe that little baby has the same bunny rabbit as me?" The gall! These are all hilarious. I love the foot speaking Spanish with the cat too! Now I need a donut. I hope one falls on my car today.