or Connect

Posts by springmama

What do you do? This person in dh's family is seriously sabotaging our relationship with one of his parents and some other extended family. They do all sorts of passive aggressive hurtful things to us but they have painted such a masterpiece that when we say something about our ill treatment they play the innocent victim. The lies they tell are not huge whoppers but more omitting of crucial facts and vagueness. I am so upset about this right now. It is sickening to see...
We have a rule here at our house that all food has to be eaten at the table in the kitchen or outside. My kids are the world's messiset eaters on the planet and even at the table it ends up everywhere!   We go over this all the time and everyday they still take their food out of the kitchen. We don't really have a problem at mealtime but more or less just with snacks. They are 6 and 3. Today while I was watering the garden after lunchtime, dd (6), made a bed on my...
Thank you for all of your support. I am still wading through this. I do think that a lot of it comes from fear. In my heart I want to believe that there is no one "right" denomination and that Jesus loves us all and we worship him in slightly different ways. There is so much about the RCC that I just LOVE. So much that brings me close to the Lord but also alot about it that overwhelms me. I can't expect to understand all of it in this short time. It's a journey and I'll...
Thanks for all the support! I am going to prayerfully and slowly work my way through this. I don't have much time to post as I've got a house full of kiddos tonight. But I fill you guys in when I have time. 
Well for one thing, I go to Mass and I feel nothing. I used to feel God there and now it just seems like a lot of man made ritual without a whole lot of meaning to it. Beautiful, yes but I'm not feel the Holy Spirit there like I was. I think that I may have swung the pendulum to the opposite extreme of what I was raised with and that it maybe I should have found more of a middle ground Church. I feel like I am so caught up with my every little sin, and I'm not really...
Uhhh, it is so hard for me to talk about this. I am having serious doubts about my conversion to the Catholic Church. It's been about a year and since November its been hard on me. There were a few times during RCIA that I had serious doubts but I had all this support and everyone always had the answers to all of my questions. But now when I am on my own and I read the Bible I feel that the way we as Catholics do things are not the way that Jesus intended and are man...
I was baptized and confirmed at age 27.
 Sorry, I know how this feels.
Please don't beat yourself up! You did the best you could with the situation. Birth is one of those forces that we cannot control nor predict and we have to be ready to change our course based on how things are going. Sounds like you were well prepared with the Bradley classes and knew how to make informed choices. That's a key component to parenting as well. I felt like the unexpected things that came up in my births helped prepare me for understanding that sometimes we...
I'm going shopping for the majority of the month tomorrow so I'm working on putting mine together right now. I'll have it up soon. We tried quite a few new things last month that didn't go over well so I am doing my best to find more kid friendly recipes that fit my ideals and budget.