or Connect

Posts by springmama

I have to confess this every time I go to confession! I try very hard not to swear but it seems that when I get stressed I end up swearing. Half the time I don't even mean to it just slips out. It is a very hard habit to break. I just keep taking it to confession and asking the Lord to help me work on this. Keep trying, you will get there!
I just received the sacraments of initiation at the Easter Vigil (baptism, confirmation, holy Eucharist). My dh is an atheist and I had just returned to Christianity after a few years as an agnostic. We had a small wedding officiated by a judge. They told me that it was not necessary to have my marriage convalidated before or after converting. It is something that I would love to have done but dh feels we were married just fine the first time. Best of luck to you.
No advice here but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I am starting school in the summer. I have a part time job and two little ones. The job, kids and house responsibilities wear me out as it is so I have no idea how I will cope! I just keep telling myself the same thing; that single moms do it all the time and at least I only have to work part time and not full time. All we can do I guess is give ourselves the benefit of the doubt, try our best and...
Hi, I am starting college this summer and hoping to major in English. Are there any English majors here? For now my plan is to get credentialed and teach high school English. I would love to hear about what other English majors are planning to do/doing with their degree.
Dh can barely keep his business going through this economy so there is no way for him to supplement his income and taking on a part time job himself isn't an option. I have to keep my job for the child care it provides and the small income it brings in. I don't want to put off school because I am not that young anymore! By the time I am ready to enter the work field with a degree my kids will be just about out of the house. Thanks for your kinds words. I will just...
I am a WOHM 3 days a week about 20+ hours a week. I really like my job but it does not pay well and there is no hope of moving up or even getting a raise. For right now it gives us enough to scrape by on because money is extremely tight. We had planned for me to be a SAHM until the kids were older and even then I didn't really have a plan as to what I would do when the time came for me to go back to work. Two years ago I started working because dh is self employed and his...
I think that you have a lot on your plate right now. And I understand where you are coming from! I just converted and received the Sacraments of Initiation at the Easter Vigil. It has been quite a journey that is far from over. I had been away from any type of church for almost 18 years, I had become agnostic for awhile then a year ago I started attending church and now have converted to Catholicism. It has been a bumpy road and even felt impossible at times but to me it...
Well I might belong here. Today is CD 29 and no AF. My past 3 cycles have been 27 days, 29 days and 27 days. I probably wouldn't think anything of it but dh and I dtd on the day I was ovulating and even though he pulled out I still think that there could be a chance. I was thinking that if I don't get AF by noon on day 31 that I will test. No physical symptoms but I have that feeling in my head that maybe.....
I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their feelings about not having any college whatsoever. I have been feeling really down on myself about this lately. It seems like almost everyone I meet lately (and no offense, but even women who planned on or plan on never working but being a full time SAHM, and I honestly think that is fine) have a college degree. I am feeling so bad about myself. I don't have time to post right now because dd is needing me. Anybody else...
Totally normal. At least it was for me. I didn't have time to read your whole post but from what it seems you are going through what most of us go through at some point during our pregnancy with our second. # 2 was planned just as much as #1 was for us and I was so happy but at the same time it took me until I was 6 months pg to really feel totally ok with having another one. I felt nervous about how dd was going to react, how we'd be financially, how it would affect my...