or Connect

Posts by springmama

I have a question that maybe you ladies can help me with. I almost always get AF in the morning but last night it came around 8:30 p.m. I counted the 7th as cd1 is this correct even though it was so late? TIA!
I am so glad that this thread was moved! I apologize for posting it in the wrong forum. All of you mamas have helped me so much. Thank you for your perspectives, support and prayers. I have been praying about this and reading a lot about it too. I feel that underneath it all I do understand and accept the Church's teachings but I am having a hard time applying that to my life at this time mostly because of my marriage. The first time I talked about this with dh I...
Hi I'm new here. I am about to chart my fisrt cycle and I'm nervous. When I look at other people's charts it seems so confusing! I'm hoping that once I get into it that it will make more sense. Glad to be here!
I just wanted to let you know that I will be in for it when my family finds out that I am converting. I grew up with Catholic bashing in my protestant family so I'm sure that I will be being talked about quite bit behind my back and who knows what they will say to me. It is the hardest for me to get grief from former Catholics especially when they have their info wrong. I don't feel that I am quite in the place to defend the faith against someone who is so against it...
I have the book The Art of NFP and I am wondering where the best place to buy the basal thermometer and the charts is? Should I order them directly from the CCL website? Thanks in advance!
Wow Charbeau you put it perfectly! I do sometimes feel like I am having to choose allegiance between my dh and the Church. I also relate and agree with everything else you said too. I am going to start really learning NFP and hopefully see where that leads me. But as I'm sure you know that even if I change my mind my dh will probably not. I just can't stand to have one more issue with my conversion come between us! I feel that I would be pushing the envelope if I bring...
Happy New Year! I just wanted to post a small update and ask a couple of questions. I really prayed to the Lord about this issue and I will continue to pray about this. I was also given a copy of The Art of Natural Family Planning by the Kippley's which I have started reading. I have decided to start charting my cycles because it seems like a great thing to know how to do and if we decide to use NFP then we'll be ready. I'm reading the section where it talks about the...
I don't really know how much more info I need on the Church's teachings and NFP - I understand them. I don't feel that the Church needs to change her stance on the issues either, I just know that they aren't going to work for my marriage. Like I have said before right or wrong the problem is that I cannot conform to these teachings. I could just turn my head to the issue and take the advice I got upon my initial RCIA inquiry, (which was that using bc aside from NFP was ok...
I really appreciate all of your replies! Thank you so much. I guess that I can't put it off any longer and I will need to talk to the parish priest about this. Although talking about sex with a 65 year old man just puts a knot in my stomach! I'm guessing that I will be moving on from the CC but who knows. I'll keep you posted about what happens. With juggling working and trying to find child care for my two kids I probably won't be able to get in until next week.