or Connect

Posts by springmama

Thank you for your support! Fay I have so much compassion for your situation as well. I was a non-practicing Christian who turned agnostic shortly after marriage. My dh was totally fine with my belief in Christ then but now has a different feeling. I have thought about praying a novena but I thought that the 9th day supposed to end on the saint's feast day. I'm new to this so I am probably mistaken. Aside from praying to God for the souls of my husband and children I...
I could really use some support right now. I have no one that I feel I can talk to about this. My dh and I are struggling with my conversion. I'm in RCIA and he really wishes that I wasn't. This morning he told me that he is sick of this. He said that he would rather me go running early in the morning instead of going to morning Mass during the week. I feel like what's it to him - the parish is really close I go while everyone is still sleeping and it makes me feel so much...
I'm in RCIA - does that count?
Just my 2 cents: We don't know what is truly in people's hearts and it is not any of our business to determine who will be going to hell. That is God's decision. I feel really sad when people do this. We should be respectful of the beliefs of others. Since I am married to an agnostic I get to practice that a lot. I try not to worry about my dh (whereas my sis will just tell him he's going to hell and she probably thinks I am to since we are a different denomination) he is...
Here is my rule of thumb. I always wear a dress or a skirt at least knee length. And something with short sleeves if the nicest and most modest things that I do have. I believe that we should always accept people as they are and not judge them by their clothing but I also feel that people should try to dress appropriately. Just my 2 cents!
That is great! I am very happy for you. I just said a little prayer for you too. Trust that God will lead you where you are meant to be. I was an agnostic for years and ignored God's call to come back to the faith for way over a year until I realized that NO LONGER could I stay away from Him. He really does work in mysterious ways. Take it slow and just enjoy this time of exploration. Read, pray and visit different churches. And I agree with the pp who said that you...
Awesome - I love it! :
I'm in RCIA and just thought I'd pop in and say hello!
I'm right there with all of you too. Dh is self employed in this unstable economy. I work part time and we have two little ones. We live in a really expensive part of the country but we have to because dh's work. We haven't bought clothes in years, our cars are old and falling apart and we are struggling to pay the bills. Seems like every time we start to catch up something big happens: i.e. this past month my windshield cracked, the brakes went out and we had a $800 in...
I am currently in RCIA at a Catholic Church. I was raised in a Baptist church for a few years, recently got back into church and began at an Episcopal Church. The Episcopal Church is a lot of what you talked about. Personal interpretation of the bible, openly accepting of homosexuals, men, women and homosexuals can be ordained and clergy are allowed to marry. And the use of birth control is accepted. It is very much like the Catholic church in its worship too. That being...