or Connect

Posts by kmeyrick

Falsifying records has very serious consequences. If the school finds out about it, you're in for a world of hurt. (I am a teacher, myself). And don't assume the school will never, ever find out. You'd be surprised what reaches our ears.  
Go ahead and research, but I don't think Internet > regulated professionals. If you find a discrepancy with information you receive, ask what's going on.
"Alternative viewpoints" apply to things that are subjective. Unfortunately, facts and science are not subjective. The theory of a geocentric universe is not an alternative viewpoint. It is a misconception.
I too believe mothers have the right to all information concerning AIDS. By that I mean valid information. Factual. Science and evidence based. Not false information that has been fully discredited. Not false information that has resulted in preventable death. I am floored that people are still clinging to quack theories because it's easier to do that than admit they were wrong. Perhaps it would affect their income as well if they invested in the AIDS denialism movement.  
I think there is enough pressure on women in all facets of their lives. The idea that even giving a baby a bottle in public warrants judgment and scrutiny from strangers.....Gah! First off, if I don't know the woman I am looking at, I don't assume the child she has with her is actually hers. She could be watching the baby. If I didn't see her put formula in the bottle then how do I know for sure that it's not breast milk?   And why do I care?   I'm more concerned...
I'm ready to cry. I spent hundreds of dollars on top IBLCs, a physical therapist, etc, trying to get breastfeeding off the ground. My son has an unusual form of tongue tie and the research on it only goes back 5-10 years, so I'm not willing to consider surgery without more knowledge among experts.   Pumping several times a day is NOT easier than breastfeeding. It is painful, boring, high maintenance, and gives me no warm and fuzzy feelings. Despite doing everything...
He may well view it as his money with which he can do as he pleases, like giving his daughter a gift. I don't know if the OP has a job, but as this is his third marriage, he may feel that he's past the point where he has to financially support his spouse who is also an adult. He has the right to pay for his daughter's wedding and buy her a condo if he wants. It's his child, and he can show his affection however he wants to. That's something people need to acknowledge when...
Plenty of parents help their adult children out financially, and I'm willing to bet that many of the same posters have accepted such help from their folks. I don't know why new spouses feel resentment because their partners are typical parents who take joy in their children. ESPECIALLY when their partners were non-custodial and hence had limited time with them growing up. Why would you believe that your spouse's children would be a miniscule part of their lives? Unless...
Goodness. I got some things to say.   OP, don't have any children with this guy, because you absolutely are not ready and you are right, it will complicate things.   I think 3 weeks out of the year and every other Christmas is very little time to spend with one's child. I wouldn't resent my dh at all for taking time off work to go camping and fishing or whatever with him. In fact, I might insist on setting up Skype so he could speak to his son nightly and help...
Never came across one. CDD is overwhelmingly a fetish thing. You will not find literature on how to spank your wife in a typical fundamentalist church. You will find plenty on fetish sites. There are some fetish sites that are disguised as religious ones, but if you read them, they are certainly erotic in nature. I still believe that CDD can easily become abusive and unhealthy. I think the links people have posted is a good idea, if indeed this whole conversation ever...