or Connect

Posts by kmeyrick

It wasn't? Not that I mind, but really, it wasn't?    
I wasn't aware that you somehow had to be a regular in this particular forum to be a queer parent. Well, my apologies. You took very direct issue with certain posters and named names and precisely pointed out what annoyed you. Posters cannot do the same? I don't think the members of MDC owe sickly sweet tip toeing to Peggy O on this issue anymore. No one has committed slander or libel against her, nor have they threatened her. They haven't even called her names. You're...
Um, the queer parenting community here has felt very betrayed by MDC as of late. Slapping them on the wrists for having chilly responses to a lukewarm explanation was not necessary or productive. Peggy o is an adult and what was said here hardly qualifies as harassment. She ought to come answer the questions. Your threats to shut down the thread are reminiscent of the old UA and heavy-handed moderation.  
MoonWillow, I'm going to try to say this respectfully. It looks like you are stonewalling on behalf of Peggy O, over snark that is so light it barely qualifies as snark, let alone "harassment." I don't know if that is your intent, and I hope it isn't. Peggy O's response was mincing, and looked quite frankly dishonest. I'm not surprised it isn't being warmly received, and once again, queer parents feel put down by MDC. Including their own moderator. Great. If Peggy O...
Why is it important that you tell us about Marian Tompson? To warn us of another guru spreading dangerous misinformation? To add credibility to Alive and Well? To distract us from our anger with you? This somehow feels like the kid in the school office having been caught doing something wrong, and has decided to spill his guts about what OTHER kids are doing.
Well, certifiable information has been posted and promptly removed. Those who claim fervently that hospitals and midwives are all incompetent and all symptoms are all normal somehow get a pass. The bottom line is- it is a forum. The point of a forum is where people post their thoughts and they may not all be unanimous. If they must be unanimous, it is no longer a forum, is it?
  So if a poster thinks/knows there may indeed be a problem, why shouldn't she be allowed to say so? Why? It's a forum. If people aren't allowed to be honest then I propose the following:   1. On the UC Forum, please respond to OPs through happy smilies only. 2. If you believe there is a danger, please light a candle and keep your thoughts to yourself. Remember, no matter how crunchy you yourself may be, remember that all tragedies are a failure of your own...
When people post in the UC forum asking for advice or a question, or is making a false claim, it's fine to point that out. It's not changing an opinion like religious conversion would be. I don't think a poster should be forbidden from posting a fact for fear of being deemed "unsupportive." If you don't want people to respond to your statements online, don't put them online. You should not be able to call the shots on what people say to you in response. Plenty of people...
Except when you UP and do not discuss your plans to UC so you are not getting input from anyone but MDC. And you are then given misinformation. Sometimes it's not a difference of opinion; you can't claim that the universe is a geocentric one cause that's just what you believe in your heart. You certainly can "escape them" if you deliberately avoid anything but what you want to hear. For lots of women, UC is satisfying, meaningful, and safe. For others, it is dangerous...
But that doesn't mean that factual errors shouldn't be pointed out. If someone claims "X car gets 47 miles to the gallon" when it actually gets 28, why is it wrong to point that out? If someone is claiming that a certain heart rate is normal when it's a sign of distress, should they not be corrected? Having an opinion is different an incorrect factual statement. Pointing out errors is not condemning the whole UC movement. If you really think that way, then UC truly is...