or Connect

Posts by kmeyrick

Oh, please. A woman posted her heart breaking story on MDC and, AGAIN, was responded to snidely. Twice now it happened to this poster. It was typical of the passive-aggressive behavior of many here, particularly someone who will not be named. Maybe if those snotty responses weren't such a habit. Crunch didn't work out for you? Yeah, well, sucks to be you/manifest better next time.  
I would get down on my bony knees and thank the lord if I believed you just misunderstood her and that's why you posted such a thing.
But hey, they can be patronized and mocked if they do!
Of course, a cold is completely comparable to the deaths of babies. No one said go to the doctor for every little thing. It's about going to the doctor when there is good reason to and not relying on herbs and Law of Attraction. And you don't see how insensitive that was to a grieving mother? The sad thing is that post is quite typical of MDC posts that pass the UA and THAT'S why people turn to boards like TWWS. That was the most minimizing, snide, dismissive thing I...
  Um, no. And what a way to belittle someone who is talking about the preventable deaths of babies, including her own. THIS is why boards like TWWS get started. Honestly, my stomach hurts after reading this.   ETA Who sounds like they are mocking dead babies now?
Now that the thread is back up, I'll post. TWWS, while not for the faint of heart, is generally a good place to be. Full of great ladies. Now, I hate to say this, but MDC can be a place that will shock and awe lurkers for its meanness, irresponsibility, and sometimes bizarreness while being heavily moderated. By bizarre I don't mean crunchy and outside the mainstream. I mean the cattiness towards mothers who are weaning their children, having difficult pregnancies, etc....
Getting "fed up" with the other kids is not going to help at all. If he is mean to other children they will dislike him and that is a natural consequence that is inevitable. You need to help him understand that he cannot be mean to other kids and expect them to like him. You have unconditional love for him, but his peers don't. He may need a lot of guidance, rehearsal, and modeling of how to interact with his peers, because they have no interest at all in being treated...
Maybe they are watching us right now.
I believe the following, Annakiss-   -I believe that anyone who staunchly presents one philosophy as the ONLY correct approach to education is either a fool or a liar. -I believe that no educational philosophy itself is worth prolonged commitment if the learner him/herself is unhappy with it. -I believe that unschooling is an excellent philosophy that should be followed precisely, and should not override an older child's autonomy. -I believe that I have the...
    For some reason the board ate my reply, so I'll try again. This is not the first sign of an issue. This child has been unschooling for a year and a half, and she has decided it's not for her. She is the one who most certainly should not be dismissed. She has not only said "Mom, I'm kinda bored" she followed it up with a request to go back to school. If she had just complained that she was bored, I would have nothing to say about other poster's suggestion. However,...