or Connect

Posts by kmeyrick

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiernan Can I join? I live in a 900-square foot, 2BR/1BA condo in Cambridge, MA. We're about a 10-minute walk from Harvard Square, which in addition to the university has lots of great shops, restaurants, libraries and museums. We can also walk to half a dozen parks and a toy store that holds all kinds of fun (and free!) events. I used to think we'd move when DS was born, but we never found the right house, and then my...
Hhhmmmmm, strawberries. I like those too. : Can I still grow those or do I have to wait?
Okay, maybe I can't do it this year, but I would really love to grow a blackberry bush. Here's my situation. 1. I have a lovely, south facing balcony on the fourth floor, screened in. 2. I am in New England, not sure which zone, but generally NYC area. 3. I love blackberries! Does anybody here know of a blackberry bush that would be good in an earth box and is preferably thornless? And when should I plant one?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tithonia This is it! We closed on a cute little house this weekend, so I finally get to have my VERY OWN garden!!!: I grew up working in my mom's garden, and I've been helping in the gardens of various friends and family for the last few years while growing tomatoes, beans, basil, and pansies on my tiny tiny fire escape in Toronto. Now I'm moving to balmy southern Illinois, and MY OWN GARDEN! Okay, so the ground is pretty...
If you really love it, keep it. My sister is agonizing whether to sell her cigarette case with a horse on it. She got a lucky break and it is very valuable. But everytime she looks at it (she uses it for her wallet) she gets a kick, so we've told her keep it, she'll never be able to afford another one and she can make money elsewhere. Keep it! It isn't costing you anything, and it sounds like you would regret getting rid of it. It doesn't cost you money to keep it,...
Quote: Originally Posted by avivaelona I hate Angelina because she keeps stealing all the girls names I like! Apparently we have similar tastes, which is really really funny if you know me. I don't like Marcheline though, she can have that one (and I'm not having any girls so it doesn't really matter so much anymore) Well Vivienne is my grandmother's name, so now I'm missing out on that. I loved Shiloh for a name. Well, names aren't...
Quote: Originally Posted by PassionateWriter too bad she had a c/s. Yeah, but that's very common with twins. Maybe she had no choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by dex_millie Congrats to her..boy and girl...that is cool.(Don't flame me..I think same sex twins are cool too..Not saying there NOT...but saying a b/g twins is cool I think is ok right?) As an identical twin myself I would say........no! Just kidding! LOL!
I voted maybe only because I have no intention of letting my young kid listen to commercial media crap anyway. I personally love the song, and have listened to it like 500 times on my ipod. If my kids are older, sure, they can listen to it, but my little ones wouldn't get to hear Miley Cyrus either. They will be too busy making gnomes out of beeswax.
This housing slump will pick up again, and so will the economy. Furthermore, while they may not be able to afford a house, they might be able to afford a nice apartment or condo. I think it would be worth teaching our kids frugality and financial planning when they are in high school. I am fairly non-plussed that so many 18 year olds get credit cards when they don't really know what credit is. I feel like frugality and basic understanding of money is lacking in...