or Connect

Posts by Envision

I've invested in meal planning cookbooks. I use Cooking for the Rushed but a long time ago I heard about Saving Dinner which is an american author. My books have 5 meals for the week and also include grocery lists (this is really the key that I love about them). I just bought a new book and the some of recipes make enough for two meals and so I can usually get a full week of meals. I just take out my book, pick which recipe I want to make and take out the meat or...
Hi, I am going to buy her DVD in the new year but have not seen it yet... I have heard people mention that she is a "dry" speaker but this is an important issue and in my mind it shouldn't matter what kind of speaker she is...it's the information that is important. I think the idea to realize when she is presenting her information from the CDC and WHO is that 1) it comes from the CDC and WHO 2) what are the real risks of getting these illnesses? It's important to...
I really believe that miracles happen and anything can happen. I know someone who's baby inhaled meconium(sp?) at birth and she was told that her baby would be "retarded". The baby did have severe medical problems and even died in her father's arms before getting to the hospital in one situation. Regardless, the mother would not accept the diagnosis and did everything and anything that anyone would suggest... Her daughter graduated early from highschool and is an...
I encourage an actual conversation why they are chosing those authors. They might have already read or been trying some AP parenting and didn't feel it was working for them so are looking for other ideas...and perhaps you can find something that is more for them. I was one of these parents and found it and still get upset when I am made to feel like a bad mother because I decided to try some ideas that worked for me but came from someone who doesn't support AP...
From what I have read the most important thing about vitamin C is making sure that it contains bioflavonoids. I know that we get ours from Costco. You might also want to avoid artificial sweetners like aspertame, sucrose etc... Envision
I started giving my children multi-vitamins if they got sick whether they were breastfeeding or not. Otherwise, it's very sporatic and I have never given the recommended dose (3 sprays, 3 times daily). The most I have ever given is 6 sprays and that was a few weeks ago when DS (3 years) had a fever 102 degrees for 3 days. I use a spray vitamin for them and have even taken it myself when I have a sore throat...it hits the spot!! Take care, Envision
Wow, what a great thread!! We chose to immunize our children naturally, supporting their immune systems when necessary. I think I have read most of the posts and I don't think this has been said... No matter what decision you make there are risks. Before I was into alternative health, we had a baby that was born with a heart defect (nothing to do with vaccinations) and she died at 15 days after surgery was not successful. So, when I started my research on vaccination...
I made my decision about three years ago and I am doing more and more to encourage people to do all the research before doing anything!! I have found Dr. Sherry Tenpenny a very good resource. I have seen some of her video tapes and they are awesome!! www.nmaseminars.com Good luck in your search, Envision
Thanks for the post and link, I am hosting a vaccination information day and this will just be another great article to add to the many already compiled!! I am thinking of making "I am vaccination free" buttons for my kids...what do you think of this idea?? Living Health, Envision
Hi, I had severe heartburn with both my pregnancies to the point where I felt like I couldn't eat... It was suggested to me to use Alfafa and it worked! I got the tablets at Walmart and took some couple times each day. Essential oil of peppermint can also be helpful, although it didn't help me and I use oils all the time but everyone is different. Good luck!! Envision