or Connect

Posts by clovermom

I'm in New Hampshire (after growing up in Ma) but my sister is currently living in Needham, MA. She is a drug addict in early recovery (3 months sober) and is suffering from pretty severe anxiety. She has a history of physical abuse and was told by another counselor that she has PTSD from this abusive relationship. She is looking for a therapist and is overwhelmed at trying to choose one from a list. If anyone can recommend someone with experience with what she's dealing...
Rowan Thomas!!!   Just wanted to pop on to share that our baby BOY    was born yesterday morning at 5:30 am after about 5 hours of labor and 16 minutes of pushing! It was my second VBAC and my first homebirth / waterbirth, I couldn't be happier with how things went, it was a very powerful and triumphant birth for me. We didn't know the sex but were all hoping for a boy, the kids, and DH, are so thrilled. Rowan is darling, 8lbs and 18 inches, fumbled around with...
Hee, hee, hee......    
Congratulations Peony! He looks perfect!!! Enjoy it
YAY!!! Wishing you all the best!
Wow, I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with this! But glad I guess that the Unisom helps. Do you all experience the type of insomnia where you lay awake and can't turn your mind off and get to sleep? I haven't had so much of a problem with that, but for the past two weeks I have been up about once every hour. I think it's mostly being uncomfortable and needing to roll over, then I have to pee.... I fall back to sleep fairly easily but I am starting to feel the lack of...
My mw suggests having a big pot of soup frozen so that when I go into labor we can pull it out of the freezer and put it on the stove. It would then be available to DH, the mw's and whoever else might be around during the birth (and for me I suppose during or afterwards). I love the idea of something so easy and of having food for everyone without having to play hostess (cuz, uh, I'll be kinda busy!) but soup at this time of year is just not sounding very appetizing to...
I completely agree with this! I find the lists and lists of names in baby name books and on websites to be overwhelming. For the last 2 pregnancies I have hardly used them. Since you seem to be all set to go in other areas, maybe try just really observing the world around you for name inspirations (characters in books, movies, tv shows, other peoples children--listen for parents calling their children when you're out and about, monograming pics in the Pottery Barn...
Same here! I literally had to just grab any card for my Dad for Father's Day and run out of Target because when I started to actually read any of them I was bawling. My other children are watching me wipe tears away like "WTH is wrong with Mom?" And I've been totally impatient with them :( Jessica, I agree, I'm not much fun either. Well I am happy at the end of the day when the kids are asleep and I have my massive bowl of ice cream sitting on my belly :)
While you wait for your u/s you could start eating for twins now, it couldn't hurt. I can't remember for sure but I think it's close to 100g of protein a day... also I would take extra iron (like Floradix) if you're not already. Babies stockpile all their iron during the last trimester so if they do come early then they will miss out on that. If you're having the hiccup thing quite a bit maybe you could have your mw try to listen around for the hb(s) while it's...