or Connect

Posts by silly_scout

Just wondering if anyone might have any experience in this: My DD is almost 3 months. I have had ductal thrush for 11 of those weeks. I was on Diflucan, but I had to stop because a blood test came back with elevated liver enzymes (my liver was reacting to the meds.) My doctor said to stop meds and get tested again in a few weeks. She said this was routine and she just wanted to make sure that my liver was back to normal. Here it is, a month later and a recent blood test...
Sorry to be Debbie Downer, but my case of thrush (which I've had since my daughter was born 11 weeks ago despite aggressive treatment) started with a patch of itchy red skin outside the areola. Taking acidophilus now and the vinegar rinse is a good idea. If you start getting deep, stabbing pains, go to the doctor immediately to get systemically treated.
I was told Pao D'Arco wasn't safe while breastfeeding (though my source was the lady at GNC). Are treatments like Yeast Guard safe while bfing? BTW, here's one source discussing the sketchy things about GSE: http://www.terressentials.com/truthaboutgse.html I have cut back (way back) on carbs and dairy, I take probiotics, drink loads of kefir,eat yogurt, etc. I wash every thing every day. I sterilize every pump part, every binkie, etc. OB said the only definite "cure"...
Long story short, I've got horrible ductal thrush, nothing is working, and my liver was reacting badly to diflucan, so I can't take that - not even advil for the pain. I've been doing vinegar wipes, diet change, blah blah blah. I bought some gentian violet and GSE. I did a little research and discovered that the "natural"ness of these treatments is highly debateable! Gentian violet is made from coal, and GSE is more chemicals and preservatives than it is grapefuit seed...
Hi everyone, I am the friend with thrush that Jess was writing about. : I was on diflucan (an antifungal, not antibiotic - the antibiotic for the c/s got me into this mess: ). My OB took me off the diflucan because they did a blood test and my liver was reacting badly to the diflucan... so now I can only do probiotics and topical stuff. I can't even take tylenol or advil for the pain until my liver is back to normal. I think the thrush was getting better the past couple...
Okay, I usually only lurk on these boards - but I'm posting because I am at the end of my rope and I'm hoping some of the well-informed bfing mamas can help me or at least give me hope. I've had a VERY PAINFUL case of ductal thrush for about 4 weeks now. I'm on my second 14 days round of Diflucan (thrush came back after first round), because I guess ductal thrush cannot be treated topically. I asked my OB and Hazel's pedi, and they would not give approval for using...