or Connect

Posts by silly_scout

Quote: Originally Posted by chicagomom It's sad and frustrating that on mothering.com this is considered "advancement for women". WOH is not "advancement". Uh oh, I've upset someone's delicate sensibilitiies. Shall I reword so as to comfort you? Women can now CHOOSE to stay in high paying positions. So sorry I thought seeing female CEOs and women making six figures was "advancement". ETA: Now that I think of it, I think it's "sad and...
My DH just came home with a product to stop one of the cats from marking territory. It's called Comfort Zone with Feliway. Ingredients are: 10% facial pherimones 90% Ethenol and then something called "excipients to - 75 mL"... Does this sound safe? I personally think that we should just use baking soda, but my DH is the "more power, grunt grunt grunt" type.
Let me start by saying that I've been on anti-depressants before for eating disorders, and I will never take another anti-depressant again. They are great for some people, but they were awful for me (and yes, I tried several - the only one that didn't make my anxiety worse was Zoloft and that just made me numb and ruined my memory. I remember almost nothing from 20 to 22.) I'm rambling. Anyways, my mom has been on Zoloft for over ten years. She originally went on it...
-When she shrieks with joy upon finding out I had successfully switched from EPing with formula supplementation to EBF at 7 weeks because bottles and nipples "are so sterile". -When she looks like she belongs at a Grateful Dead concert -When she selectively/delay vaxes my DD on the same schedule her selectively/delayed vaxed DC were on. -She tells me to eat organic while I'm bfing. -When she pushes the homeopathic remedy first, medicine last.
Quote: Originally Posted by ClassiclyAmber (I posted this over in the regular BF board, too...and wondered if I could post it here as well? I'm really needing some help here and wanting to have more people looking at this...) Gianna (4 mo.) has been constipated. This is the second time or phase that we've gone through this since she was born. She is exclusively BF - always has been - and I've heard that it's extremely rare for a baby like that to...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes Girls were not taught to be quiet and passive, they were taught to be passive aggressive. That is much worse, and that is exactly what those shirts and other things are examples of. Standing up for yourself isn't being mean and sneaky, it's being assertive. Big difference. These t-shirts should say "I've been with the company for a decade now and I deserve the same raise Mr. Jones just got" not "Your...
Oh yeah... remember the thongs that Abercrombie and Fitch marketed to 4-10 year olds a few years ago? They said things like "Wink Wink" and "Eye Candy". *Shudders*
Quote: Originally Posted by mom2talus I guess the Happy Bunny lipbalm I bought for a friend that said "Poison Lip Balm For Friends" wasn't funny. Ummm, yes, it was. You're right; that is crazy funny. [/QUOTE]For too many years, girls were taught to be quiet and passive. And they let many bad things happen to them as a result. (I know this all too well.) I'm personally okay with girls being taught to be a bit more sassy, to have...
Quote: Originally Posted by thebarkingbird c/s ? what does that mean and what possible reason could there be for not "letting" a mother alone w/ her baby?! I think this was directed at me... I had a c-section for my breech daughter (c/s=c-section), and I guess they have a different protocol for c/s babies. I couldn't see her for almost an hour after delivery. Gotta love modern medicine.
This thread is starting to make me feel like Ralph Wiggum. "My cat's breath smells like cat food!"