or Connect

Posts by silly_scout

Belle and Sebastian
Yup. My pathetic excuse for a hospital did. According to the nurses, I was the only one in the maternity ward who was bfing. This is a major city hospital, mind you. Here was a typical convo: Nurse: So are you on WIC? Me: No. Nurse: Then what kind of formula are you using? Me: I'm not. I'm breastfeeding. Nurse: (Digs around in a dusty box and pulls out a breastfeeding manual circa 1967. Blows dust off the cover and starts reading.) While I read up on this, what do...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom Now, why don't we remember that its not our job to judge the "legit" from the "illegit" Amen. I don't understand this judgmental philosophy and complete disregard to empathy. When DD and I had a nasty case of ductal thrush (and my liver was messed up so I couldn't take meds) we had to treat it with a low carb/low refined sugar/no yeast/no dairy diet. I could barely find enough to eat to lactate. I was...
OP here... thanks for all the replies. I think this thread got a little over my head though... can anyone suggest a fairly balanced book I can read?
Quote: Originally Posted by littleaugustbaby I LOVE him! I want to start shopping where you shop! I totally love him too. That's why when I was in the bakery, I almost fainted. I turned to my mom and said: "doesn't that guy look EXACTLY like Steve Carrell?" Then the "guy" looked at me and looked away really quickly and started to walk towards the register. I think he might've realized he had been spotted, but I am SOOO not the type to bother...
When DD is old enough for those types of toys, I'll not allow Barbies, Bratz and anything I deem sexist or degrading. I understand the forbidden fruit thing; my sister and I weren't allowed to do/have a lot of things when we were young (no MTV, no Three's Company, no Barbies, no white bread, no soda, on and on... and yes, I have officially turned into my own mother ) and when we weren't allowed something, we would overdose on it at a friend's house (I remember the era of...
Steve Carrell. He shops at the same supermarket I do.
Fictional is okay too, right? Elizabeth I Anne Shirley ( Anne of Green Gables) Hermione Granger Eleanor Roosevelt Phyllis Wheatley Anne Bradstreet Anne Hutchinson Meg Murry from A Wrinkle in Time Mary Dyer Joan of Arc Veronica Mars (as of season 1; I haven't gotten further.) Jo from Little Women I know I'll think of more, so I'll be back.
Something that bothers me is the fact that his other children are biological and your DD isn't. Perhaps he saw her as fair game for this reason. Or maybe they don't want to believe/admit what he did. I just don't think people throw around these allegations without some good reason. (And the fact that he doesn't seem to be a deviant means nothing. Unfortunately, molesters don't wear t-shirts saying what they do). Something strange though - is she only recalling this...
Quote: Originally Posted by rupiezum I'd love to do a S/O of this thread, and get together a list of those female heroes. Anyone care to join me? Abso-freakin'-lutely. I'd love that. Quote: Originally Posted by velochic My dd was invited to this little boy's b-day party last year. I asked the mother what he would like, and she said that he likes everything, including dolls. I said, well, my dd likes Polly Pocket, would he...