or Connect

Posts by silly_scout

Quote: Originally Posted by Jenlaana It was about feeling beautiful, which is on the inside, and not on the outside, IMO. Every child should feel beautiful. It was about the fun fabrics that 'normal kids' dont get to wear, and the sparkling accessories. Do all kids come to this conclusion, that beauty is on the inside? I think it's wonderful that you came to that conclusion, but I don't think every child thinks this way. I think some children...
No, but really, when does it get better? DD is 4 months today and I still can't go 8 hours if she is willing because my A cups overfloweth. It really hurts! I literally haven't slept 8 hours in a row in 4 months, and since DD seems willing to sleep that long once in a while, I would like to partake. I literally have to force her to eat in the middle of the night to relieve pain sometimes (not that she objects THAT much.) OP, I hope it's easier for you. Do you think this...
Congrats!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by WilliamsMama This is what happened to me. DS lost 14ozs at his 2 week checkup(he was 8lbs, 14oz at birth). We've been supplementing since. He still breastfeeds and I am slowly building up my supply (with domperidone, oatmeal, beer, etc!), but I have yet to wean him from supplements. What did you do to wean your baby from formula? I pumped a gazillion times a day, then I got to the point where DD looked like she...
I second the milk donor suggestion. I would use store-bought formula if I couldn't bf. Goat's milk may be closer to bm, but I would think it is still a renal strain for infant kidneys. Even if formula companies are awful to support, at least their batches are uniform and tested. Do you at least scald the raw milk before giving it to your baby? I'd be really nervous to give raw milk to a baby... please excuse my ignorance if I am not enlightened on something here.
I used to dress up as Indiana Jones and start swinging around the house, squeezing through closing doorways and grabbing my dropped hat at the last minute. I think the problem with princesses (besides the commercialization) is that whether the princesses are "brave" or "magical", they are still: -well-behaved (in a "do what you're expected to do" type of way). -traditionally pretty in a grown-up way, setting precident for what little girls are expected to look like when...
Breastfeeding tips I wish I had been told before I had my c/s: 1. Start taking an acidophilus supplement and eat yogurt. Because of antibiotics, c/s mamas are much more likely to get thrush. THIS CAN BE VERY PAINFUL AND STUBBORN. I've had it for 4 months so far. 2. Learn the football hold. Your abdomen might be too sore for the baby to lie across it. 3. Make sure the *&%$! hospital isn't going to try to formula feed your baby before you get a chance to see him or her. I...
Okay, please excuse this question if it sounds ignorant or if it's been asked before. I've had DD on a delayed/selective vax schedule (she's 4 months), but I'm starting to think about whether I want to vax her at all. My question: What would happen if everyone stopped vaxing their children?
How many of these co-sleeping deaths were from parents breaking the cardinal rule of no drugs or alcohol? If that's the case, then their argument should be "co-sleeping is bad for substance abusers".
I'm so glad to have found this tribe! Sometimes I feel like a freak on MDC because I have never and will never experience natural childbirth. I am, however, unapologetic about my c/s, and I do not mourn anything. I obviously would've preferred natural childbirth (it took me over 4 weeks to stand up straight, I am now 4 months PP and I still yelp if anything touches my scar...) but it just wasn't in the cards. My baby was a footling breech, I did some research and decided...