or Connect

Posts by silly_scout

Quote: Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer I have removed a few posts from this discussion which ventured into discussion of religious circumcision. Discussion of religious circumcision is not hosted on this forum. We are free to discuss routine circumcision. Please do not take this discussion into the realm of religious matters. I'm not quite sure why my post was deleted when I simply stated that I am an atheist, yet still praying...
Thanks, Monkeys!
Any good resources about bfing in history? I was just curious about when different cultures in different time-periods weaned, what Victorians wore when they were nursing... you know, how the bfing mamas have fared over the centuries. I know little snippits of info, but I'm really interested in a comprehensive book or website. Might sound weird, but my enquiring mind has to know.
Thank you all for the wonderful support and resources! To the person who asked, my sister is from Massachusetts. I think we're a little more progressive in these here parts, but I could be wrong. Quirky, I agree with you on the vax vs. circ thing (esp since I selectively vax). In fact, I don't plan on trying to sway her mind on any other topic. The reality is, the little boy has already had the cleft lip fixed, so there is a chance that he has already been retracted. ...
Bethany, It's about as real as adoption deals get. We have his picture, and she's getting him before 2008. He's got a cleft lip/cleft palate, so he's "easier to adopt". :
Couple questions, couple inquiries for advice... First of all, my sister is adopting her first DS - he's from China and he will be about 18 months or so by the time he arrives. Do Chinese children get routinely circ'd or will he be intact? (Please excuse my ignorance in this matter). Secondly - Sister and I have just patched up a fight that lasted 2 years in which neither of us talked to each other. She's far more traditional for stuff like parenting than I am, so I...
I've had it for three months (both ductal and nipple) and I've just decided to control it with a low sugar/no yeast/low dairy diet. If I have to be on that diet until DD weans, then whatever. I still have the thrush, but the diet controls the symptoms so it's a little less painful. Thrush is seriously the devil.
Hi, Nice to meet you. Do you live around Wareham? Was your midwife the owner of Earth's Partner in Marion? I live in Fairhaven as you can see by my info to the left. Good for you that you are doing what you see is right for your child despite what everyone else your age is doing. When I was twenty I could hardly take care of myself, let alone take care of another human being (I was pretty good at nursing a hangover, though.) Good thing I waited until I grew up a little...
My DD is only 3 months old, so my "advice" comes from babysitting older children. Plus, my advice might be really sophomoric. Anyways, could you maybe find a book about cooperation and "meeting halfway" on things? (The only one I can think of off the top of my head is The Berenstein Bears Get in a Fight, where Sister Bear and Brother Bear get into a fight and then work hard to compromise with each other and get along. I don't remember it that well because I haven't read...
Insurance should cover it. I know you need to do something in the meantime... maybe balled up pieces of masking tape? I thought newer cars were supposed to have safety glass. I know that you don't want LO coming in contact with any glass, but I thought the safety glass fragments weren't supposed to be as sharp. I'm probably totally wrong about this, though.