or Connect

Posts by Patrick's mummy

Quote: Originally Posted by pixiepunk well, because perhaps if you were informed of the *reality* of EC rather than all the misconceptions, you might change your mind. this is it exactly. how many times have you heard these same exact comments about BF'ing? too hard, too time consuming, can never leave the baby with someone else, it's just not for me, doesn't fit in with my lifestyle, what would i do when i'm out of the house, i have other kids to...
Yeah, similar challenge. We have a 6 year old, a 3 year old and a 10 mth old. 10 mth old currently sleeps with me, 3 year old co sleeps with my DH in the children's room and DS1 sleeps in his own bed. I honest to goodness don't know how we are going to work it when DD is ready to move in there. Declutter a million times over I guess. We have the necessary beds - bunks and a twin bed. I dunno... subbing...
Henny Penny I feel like that about my children's baby clothes. We are done but I only want to give them to someone who could really use them and would not turn their nose up at little imperfections (since most were secondhand when I got them and I've had 3 kids wear them, it's going to happen..) Any more amusing/ranty anecdotes? I just laughed my ass off re reading these!
DS1 induced DS2 42+5 DD 43
I think it's the care providers behaviour causing your troubles, not your body or placentae. Most placentas are not out by 5 minutes afterwards. They will be in a hurry if they have already given you the drugs to manage your third stage because that is a time limited process, but if you have a physiological third stage it can take several hours and be okay so long as you're not bleeding too much. That said, I'm not sure I'd consider a physiological third stage with...
Hi I'm not a birth professional, I hope a BP will respond at some point. But, I just thought I'd give you my thoughts... What gestation does this mother usually birth at? Is the 36.5 weeks normal for her? Any chance the mother's dates could have been wrong - could she have been further on than she thought? (Did she have a dating ultrasound before 12 weeks? Was her last period lighter than usual?) It seems to me based on the info you've given that this mother could...
This month my big focus is on groceries - £300 maximum which includes everything we put in our mouths e.g DS1's school snack money (compulsory), anything DH buys to eat at work etc etc. So.. Feb 1st: No spend! DH spent £1 food Feb 2nd:No spend! DH spent £5 food Feb 3rd: £3.50 playgroup (budgetted) £79.20 groceries Feb 4th: £1 sweets for kids after school :, £0.78 postage (will be refunded if I ever get my arse into gear and do my expenses claim) Feb 5th:...
Re: stuffed animals. I usually freecycle these. I think frequently people who ask for them use them as dog toys but so long as I don't dwell on the image of a dog pulling apart some cute little bear, I'm okay with that! With your eldest being 2, I would make hay while the sun shines! As they get older, they remember what is missing a whole lot more. If you aren't sure whether they like something, put it away for a month, and if no one asks about it, get rid of...
Sapphire Chan I have a similar problem with my grandmother buying stuff/giving stuff to us. My own mother (her daughter) died before I had kids so my kids have not experienced grandmother love and I think she tries to compensate by spoiling them, plus wants to spoil me a little since my mother can't do it. So at least once a week, a parcel will arrive for us, full of toys she has found in thrift stores, sweets, chocolate for me, frequently clothes. I am very very...
This month my big focus is on groceries - £300 maximum which includes everything we put in our mouths e.g DS1's school snack money (compulsory), anything DH buys to eat at work etc etc. So.. starting strong Feb 1st: No spend! DH spent £1 food Feb 2nd:No spend! DH spent £5 food Feb 3rd: £3.50 playgroup (budgetted) £79.20 groceries Feb 4th: £1 sweets for kids after school :, £0.78 postage (will be refunded if I ever get my arse into gear and do my expenses...