or Connect

Posts by birthgreeter

If she is on WIC, would they be allowed to sign for her?
Sorry    Are you anemic?  Are you having other signs and symptoms of anemia?   Every midwife is different with what they want a Hgb to be at or if they even check it at all.  Some midwives do not even check this.  Everyone is different.     Was the test done in the home?  Or sent out to a lab?    If I am getting a low reading on the device I use in the home, I will often send out a blood sample to a lab to confirm what I am getting.  I will also do a...
are you wanting a hospital birth or home birth?   Here is a link to a directory of midwives who serve in birth centers and home births-but not sure if any of the hospital midwives are listed there or not.   http://michiganmidwives.org/directory/
From a midwife: in case you would wonder....   As a midwife, I am fine with a couple who wants to have me there 'just in case'.    I just want you to be totally honest up front about what you are wanting.    I have had a couple lie to me before about wanting this, and then have a problem at the birth-And once I was 'allowed' into the room- I had to do some things that I would have not had to do -if I could have assessed her/baby before the actual birth...
very interesting thread.    As a midwife, I do not put anything into the contract about the couple providing me food. I want the couple to have food and snacks that are available for the woman during labor.  A variety of things, because what might sound good to you, may sound terrible to you when in labor.   I also suggest that they have meals that are in the freezer for after the birth, enough for a couple of days.  That makes it easier for the husband.  Most...
oh yes,  Vit D-forgot to mention that-it is very important!!!  For those of us in the winter snowy areas with out much exposure to sun, very important!!
Do it!!!!!!   13 and 1/2 years ago we lost everything we owned in a house fire.  The place that burned down we had sold before but stayed there renting it,  we did already own land somewhere else with nothing built on it.  I wanted to buy a travel trailer, travel across the county for about 2-4 years, before we would return to the land and build and settle in-we never did.  We built right away, and here we are today.  We had 5 kids, were already homeschooling, so it...
she does sound too busy to me.  To find another midwife, try the state midwifery organization, or LLL-moms groups etc.  
I agree with the others,a really healthy diet is so important.     I always tell women this:  Whole foods, no processed, none.  Plenty of protein, and be a grazer too...eat or nibble on  something every couple of hours.  Does not mean a big huge meal -but a snack.  Yogurt, nuts, cheese, fruit.... Organic foods as much as possible (avoid the toxic sprays added to foods in the fields...) real butter, olive oil, for the fats. No fake sugars, use organic sea or...
interesting thread!   I too do not suture often, but maintain the skill for when it is needed.  I think as a midwife I should be able to offer that skill when the need arises and there is a laceration that would be easily fixed rather than taking them into the hospital or calling in another midwife.  (but I am OK with it if that is how you practice, as I have midwife friends who will not suture and ask myself or another midwife to come to do it for them)   In over...