or Connect

Posts by birthgreeter

send me a private message and I will help you find someone.  I know of several midwives in Virginia.
from a mw's point of view-bring your husband. I think it will help them to get over any fears they may have. Husbands do not always read as much as you do, so they do not always even know what to ask! That is normal for husbands. Some are more involved with the whole prenatal and birth and others are there and fully supportive, but more of the quiet type allowing you to ask all of the questions! I will set aside an hour for the first visit, which is a get to...
welcome to the area. if you home school, there are several groups in the area that co-op field trips etc. There are also two other birth centers in the area, one in Wolcottville Indiana, and one in Michigan just over the mich and Indiana line. That one is a small Amish owned birth center, In Colon Michigan. No web sites for either one.
I say just go for it. five years from now, you will be happy you did... I also would plant all you want -caring for one or two trees--you might as well care for 10-20. (just throwing a number out there) That way they would be all growing and maturing at about same time. good luck!
I always use the least expensive, highest alcohol content that I can find. I use glass jars, (plastic can 'seep' chemicals) and always-always place in a dark but-not cold- place (room temp). I have never placed in the frig. I usually use a closet, on a shelf (I make them often so always have some brewing-and have a shelf special for this in a dark closet). If your extracting them into an oil, use a warm location. I never allow the sun to hit the ones that are...
Not planning on it, have thought about it but since I will be attending the CMI conference and maybe the MT one in philly, that will most likely be it for me for 2010. I am suppose to fly to California right after the TB conference and after looking at the prices of tickets-giving second thoughts...extremely expensive right now...
Quote: Originally Posted by hotwings640 I don't know if I agree totally with this. If you as a midwife puts in your contract that here are the fees: 1200 midwifery care 350 assistant fee, paid to the assistant directly 50 birth kit fee, paid to the company directly 200 lab fees is that really any different than if a midwife states her fee is $1800 and then she covers all those fees? I agree. If that is covered up front, if is just a...
no apprentice working with me will be paid, no student will be paid. No one paid me to go to school, I paid them! You the client should not have to pay any student or apprentice, ever. If the mw wants to pay the apprentice, she should pay her from the fee she charged you.
I am not an attorney, I am a midwife, but the way I understand it is- that you entered into a verbal contract. She should have kept her word. I would not accept a client doing that to me, so why would it be ok for me to do that to a client? It would not be ok. You did right be addressing it. She might still expect more of a payment. did you get a signed agreement about that? (sorry if you did adress this, I did not see it) I have in my agreements that...
Quote: Originally Posted by snugglebug14 One is that I hate dipping them in hot then cold water to remove the skins. Can I just chop them up and can them? Also the recipe I used last year had mr add water and it cam out way to watery...do I need to add liquid? Last qyestion...I know if you do a water bath you need to add lemon juice, how much does that effect tatse? thanks Leaving the skins on is fine. It is a personal choice about the taste...