or Connect

Posts by birthgreeter

Opps...forgot to say that blight is also a fungal so if you destroy the plants, be sure that you do not place them in the compost pile either. If you save the tomatoes, and ripen them inside, do not save any of the seeds and plant them.(if you save seeds)
I do not have a garden book to recommend, but I would go into a library and read a lot. that way you get to see the books and then you can make the decision to which ones you would then order from a book store...or if you have a good book store in the area, where you can spend some time looking....do that, magazines I like, but they are not for gardening only:Back home, countryside, and mother earth news.
It could be Fusarium- the difference between blight and Fusarium is: Blight will have leaves that turn yellow/ brown, but there are brown spots on the leaves that have a brown circle around them, like a bulls eye. This is caused by high temps/humidity and not enough rain, or watering that is not consistent. you can add mulch, to help with the maintaining of moisture in the soil, and it can help prevent the spreading of blight. The tomatoes-I would still eat...
Quote: Originally Posted by lmonter And here I was going to come and ask what are some good book resources. Do they also tell you how to prepare your herbal goodies and how to use/apply them? the first one does. It has a section called making herbal remedies. IT shows how to do an Infusion, a decoction, a tincture, a Syrup, infused oils, cold infusion, cream, ointment, powders and capsules (to fill them), and a compress. It also has photos...
this is what I tell my ladies (if this is used) use olive oil, (not lotion)-so there is no friction. Roll your nipples (just touching them...and 'rolling') for one minute, then stop for a minute, then repeat. I suggest that they do this for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes-or until they are feeling contractions that do not go away when they stop nipple stimulation. But, if they do not have any contractions, do not continue doing it. If it does not work to bring on...
hello! I am so going to enjoy this area (gardening -my relaxing time!) Happy growing! Book that I would recommend are: The Complete Medicinal Herbal by Penelope Ody Natural Healthy Woman by Shonda Parker Natural Healthy Pregnancy by Shonda Parker Mommy Diagnostics by Shonda Parker For some basic medical plants for growing and harvesting: (here is a few and a few things they are good for-but not everything is listed) Garlic -digestive,...
I personally do a full basic new born exam, (but by saying that, I am sure my full exam is different that others) within the first hour after the birth. I can do about 85% of the exam while mom is holding the baby and a lot of that while she is nursing. (Example: you can listen to lungs, heart etc with baby in moms arms-you can look at facial features-placement of ears, check fontanels, grasp reflex etc...) I take baby out of her harms to measure and...
I have my ladies have about 5-6 old towels, if you want to buy new ones for use that is fine, but save the money. a few nice fluffy ones for baby is good. I also agree that most all 'stains' come out well with a little soaking in cold soapy water. I also suggest that my ladies get a bottle or two of peroxide,(never used on people) but for use on the 'stains' as it removes blood really well. Just poor it on the towels, sheets, blankets and rinse...then redo if...
well here is what I understand about tomatoes and problems with the plants....from info I have collected over the many many many years of gardening.... blight is a fundal disease. usually the leaves cna have dark brown spots and sometimes rings around the dark spots. kind of like a bulls eye. If it is this, remove the damaged leaves. anthracnose? verticillium wilt or fusarium are fungi in the soil-which then goes into the tomato plant, into the stem and...
Quote: Originally Posted by chiro_kristin Of course the midwives in question would not answer your questions. They are bound to privacy laws, the same as any health care professional, a fact EMT Shawn Phenis seems to have completely forgotten. I'm sure they would love to defend themselves against this perversion if they did not truly care about their obligations as health care professionals. Then you follow with Shawn Phenis' comment about...