or Connect

Posts by PNWmama

Hi there! We have just started hs'ing our 6 year old with high functioning autism.  Many will agree that home is the best place for our spectrum kiddos to learn.  At home they have the freedom to learn at their own pace in the way that makes the most sense for them.  You can do it! I'm in OR so I am not familiar with the laws for NY, but I found this link for NY homeschooling laws: http://www.nyhen.org/RegsSum.htm Also, I belong to a Yahoo group that's about...
The money my husband makes at work is considered money for the whole family, not just "his".  So I just use our money to buy him presents.  I don't have an allowance or anything like that...I buy what I need when I need to without consulting him because our money is communal.  That said, DH and I haven't bought each other Christmas gifts beyond little stocking stuffers in years because we can't afford it.  We do always get something nice for ourselves when tax returns...
mamayogibear, this:   You do not have to state a specific religion.  Nor do you have to be a member of a church. Like emmy526 said, you are protected under the 1st amendment.    
Due May 6 with a surprise 
persephassa, I also have friends who are tall and thin and don't show until much later than I do (being short waisted and short in general). Plus since it's your first you probably still have nice strong abdominal muscles which also keeps you from showing until later.  This being my third baby and having not regained any ab strength after my first, I started showing basically immediately! I look about 7 months preggo right now even though I'm only 19 weeks. And I'm...
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending love your way...
My favorite newborn carry is a high tummy to tummy in a ring sling with their little legs tucked in.  Like this video shows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljl_Nw_41ns It's a very secure carry and I love having that sweet little fuzzy newborn head close enough to kiss all the time.  My second favorite is tummy to tummy in a stretchy or woven wrap. But I prefer the tummy carry in the ring sling for the newborn days simply because it is so quick and convenient.
    I really don't find it so surprising that so many of us are struggling with the cost of a homebirth. Many many people are having serious economic struggles right now, my family included.  Even with our insurance deductible being raised a hospital birth is still a lot less expensive for me than a homebirth.  Plus my hospital lets us do very low (like $50 or less) monthly interest-free payments after the birth.  So while I've always dreamed of a homebirth it's just not...
Thinking of you and hoping all is well! I've had spotting twice this pregnancy, and each time baby was just fine. It also happened with my son and daughter.  I've had miscarriages too, though, so I completely understand your fears :(
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've miscarried before and I know the pain .  Your memory box is such a beautiful idea.  Peace to you...