or Connect

Posts by ILoveMyBabyBird

micah_mae, my mom died of cervical cancer she was only 44, if I were you I would definitely try to keep good insurance as long as possible. I think the risk of your stbx fighting you for custody is worth your health and being there for the kiddos.
Obviously my situation was very different than yours. For me I had a lot of self identity issues, mostly stemming from the fact that my mom said my dad was hispanic, and so I always wondered if I was and was drawn the culture etc, eventhough I am finding I am not. I also coveted a father/daughter relationship. I really felt like I was losing out, and then of course the fact that according to my mom it was a one night stand, I found it really selfish for my mom to keep me...
I am not going to judge you but seeing how I am a product of a 'fling' and never met my bio father, the emotional turmoil I have felt has stayed with me to this day and I am currently in search of my bio father via dna testing. What steps are you taking for the psychological issues that may face your children due to being brought into this world without knowing their bio father? I am just speaking from experience, that as a child from this type of situation, it has been...
uh so on the child support note, would you advise of getting it modified? Xdh mentioned he made 180000 so far this year, my support is based on 98000, grhh,  i dont want to ask him for more money i want to be able to support myself, but jeeze, his income has doubled in  a year. He went from sales to management just before the divorce and his income is based on his sales income. I kind of don't want to poke the bear, so to speak. He has been really goood at paying support...
wow cub scouts is expensive, i cannot believe the fees they charge! xdh was saying i would have to pay 50% i was like um no i already paid for his swimming which was 50$! In theory i should go get my child support modified, he is making double of what my support is based on. I just throw that out there any time he tries to say oh i cannot pay for blah blah blah. The scouts is something like 140$ plus the uniform and extra events cost extra over the 140$, what in the heck...
so i probably be studying but thought i would check in here:   I went to a mother support group yesterday. it is geared toward low income families. we learned about the 5 love languages while all the kids played in the church nursery. It is was neat, and they had lots of snacks and a donation type room that we could get things we wanted. It was mostly clothes and i got a few things for us but most the sizes werent right for me or the kiddos. I then won a door prize...
happyhats i will send some positive mojo your way! Hope things get worked out, where was the check book stolen?   I had a pretty good weekend. Didn't cost much either. I did eat out with kids yesterday, which was our biggest expense. We went to the museum with the single parents group on saturday and the kids really liked it. The actual meetup was pretty lax and we all went at our own pace through the museum, but overall a good experience. Today we went to a clothing...
I understand completely, I definitely jumped into dating too soon after my divorce. I think the longer i am single the pickier i become too. And with kids in the mix, it is no longer you ,but you and them you have to make decisions for. I dumped the guy i was dating back in the winter because it was like a crazy train. It was a learning lesson for me though, i am glad i dumped him my only concern is that i didn't do it sooner because he was throwing out red flags left and...
omg ladies I just wanted to share this news! My cousin entered a contest a while back and ended up winning a new motorcycle! She says she plans to sell it, she actually became a finalist to win it because was trying to win some concert tickets! The value is 9K and she plans to sell it because she is not the motorcycle driving type! She is only 19 and still lives with her mom and has no car so i imagine she will be getting a car with the profits. They are low income and...
I am working on this as of today. I am so tired of all of dd's toys taking over my living room and dining area.  I am going to clear things out, I just don't know what to do with the darn toys. I am debating a yardsale but then the kids will see the toys being sold, dd would probably be upset if i sold her toys since she is 2. For now though, I am commiting to clearing out the garage and I am also going to move most her toys down there and set up a play area there. Not...