or Connect

Posts by ILoveMyBabyBird

I am working on this as of today. I am so tired of all of dd's toys taking over my living room and dining area.  I am going to clear things out, I just don't know what to do with the darn toys. I am debating a yardsale but then the kids will see the toys being sold, dd would probably be upset if i sold her toys since she is 2. For now though, I am commiting to clearing out the garage and I am also going to move most her toys down there and set up a play area there. Not...
me, i have btdt! It really isn't that difficult. Xh always did the taxes once we were married. Alimony does count as income, but it is other income and you cannot get EIC on it Started getting child support and alimony august of last year and didn't owe anything. Not sure about this year as my alimony is going to be about 18K, but I have dd as a dependent so i should even things out. Ex claims ds, that is how it is using done if you have joint custody. I just used turbo...
I am taking 3 courses this fall and plan to only take 1 or 2 next semester, I would really like to work on tuesdays starting in january when exdh has the kids! I am thinking about putting in my application to be a substitute teacher, but I am also considering other options. Would one of those labor ready type places be a good idea? I have went to one way back in college and ended up cleaning houses which wasn't too bad.   I gather not many employers will hire someone...
happyhats don't forget to get your free ticket to the museum through the smithsonian magazine webstite the free day is sept 28th and you and 1 guest can get into participating museums FREE! We have took part in it the past couple years and it is nice to do things for free when you are trying to watch your spending.    mylie sorry about your dd, hope her rash heals quickly!   I feel like I am drowning in stuff! I keep telling myself to get rid of things, and have...
I am actually an assistant organizer for the local single parents meetup group. I have been to some events and organize some but the last event I went to, my ds didn't want to socialize or sit with the group. Also the kids are all different ages, one event I organized was kind of a dud because so many people showed up late and were trying to catch up to us at the zoo, it was really hard on my dd 2 and we barely saw any of the zoo. I will be hosting my second meetup on...
oh wow i didn't know that about making baked potatoes in a crockpot and I do have 2 crockpots! I one that is kind of small maybe 3 quarts and i have had it forever and use it most the time. I also bought a big one 6 quart back in the spring because i was planning to use it for DD's bday party for pasta. I will have to try crockpot baked potatoes soon!
Oh wow triple coupons! How exciting! Only one store in my area doubles but i just don't mess with it anymore, I shop mostly at aldi and target and a couple other local groceries for their loss leaders. Spent 21.29 at aldi's. Did really well and got a few unexpected items. Dinner tonight is barbeque  crock pot chicken and baked potatoes. Chicken is about done so I need to get the potatoes in the oven. 
No justmama my bday is a month from today, but you can still make the cupcakes Saturday! LOL   It has been an all around funkidy week for me, I feel my mood swings are all over the place. 1 week til the lovely AF arrives. I haven't been getting exercise this week. I spent 10 hours studying yesterday since the kids were with their dad.   I keep feeling I am being pushed in the direction to start subbing so I am going go ahead and apply for the sub license. I don't...
i voted unhappy I am a student parent now but still stay home. i voted unhappy because I want to work but could not find a job that paid enough money to justify working right now. Even when I was married and a sahm a lot of it was not very happy and I felt like i sacrificied myself for the family. I am not even sure the kids are any better because i sahm. But I don't regret it and I am glad I have been able to sahm, but if i had another child down the road with a new...
that it isn't 'work' ROLF. I am now a student/single/sahm and I was conversing with someone also in my program, this past summer I took 6 hours all in 5 weeks. My classmate single/no kids etc said he was only taking 3 hours because he 'works alot', studying around 2 kiddos schedules and maintaining a home and finances and dealing with the transition from married/sahm now single/sahm/student and eventual single/wohm mom is a lot of planning and work believe me!.