or Connect

Posts by ILoveMyBabyBird

So just before the divorce exdh received a settlement from an accident. He took put 5K in an account for me and 5k for himself. I have no idea about investments and IRA's etc. He recently told me his has made over 1K and mine is sitting at .79 because while he put it in an account it was not invested. I know nothing or how to invest and honestly I am not interested in spending time making these types of decisions. I thought I could just go online to invest it quickly but i...
I probably won't have much problem getting to the 1000$, already have 300$ maybe by april if i get the partime job I have an interview for it may be sooner like March. . I had to pay for an online class/books and that was 350$ of my extra money for January! But I didn't put it on a credit card so that is freeing. 
Thanks, I thought that is what i needed to do too. I was just keeping an extra 1000 in checking but i just had to transfer over 200$ more to make sure everything is covered for the first week. I am going to aim for 1200$ as my buffer in checking for now and not transfer things back and forth to savings. So at this rate I have 300$ in my EF, so I guess I am on BS 1 where i was thinking i was on BS 2 and have been paying my bills as such in a debt snowballing manner. I have...
I have a question about the budget vs EF. My rent is due the 1st. My ex is supposed to pay support by the 1st but is usually a few days late so for instance this month it will hit my account on ,Monday the 6th. I have I have about 1300$ n checking and savings to cover the first weeks rents and other bills. Is this considered and EF or should that be separate? When the support does hit the bank it is a months worth of living expenses and extra for snowballing etc. So this...
I use mint.com as well
My goals 1) increase emergency fund/savings 1375/3000$ 2) eliminate all cc and dental bill 0/4356$ 3) pay down student loan debt by 2500 0/2500 (7300$ total debt as of Jan 2014) I am handwriting my goals and tracking my monthly progress in a binder as I do better physically writing goals by hand. I hope it will help keep me on track.
Happy new year everyone! I was pretty active on the 2013 thread until fall semester began but I hope to stay more active now. In a nut shell. I live off spousal and child support. My spousal support ends in October which is over half my income. I am back in college getting my restricted teaching license which is going well. I am enrolled in one class for spring and plan to start searching for a teaching position beginning this month for next fall. I have 2 kiddos D's...
sorry ladies i have been out of the loop! I have one final left to wrap up and I will be back to catch up on all the happenings. I glanced and saw someone mention a discount dental plan. Anyone know of a good one? I found aetna in my state for 7$ a month. How does it work exactly? I really want to get the rest of my dental needs taken care of in the spring at the latest. I need 2 more crowns and 1 filling. The dentist i went to has just the 2 crowns, filling and everything...
as of now all of our conversations have been in person or on the phone. I will try to get him to text about it and not talk about it in person/phone any longer. I know what he is doing is wrong and just a form of control. I am going to look into garnishment next week. I have a final to do by tomorrow evening so as of monday I will have a month off of classes and I will be getting all of my finances, school and xdh bs in order. My new dp's mom was a paralegal for a long...
I responded to the when to date thread but think I need a little more support on this topic.   Xdh is pretty much blackmailing me right now. He says that I have to wait 6 months to let my kids even meet my new dp. As I mentioned in a previous thread I am not planning on my kids meeting the dp anytime soon anyhow, we have been dating 1 month. But xdh has taken it to the next level. He says I need to sign a written statement that I will not introduce and dp to the kids, if...