or Connect

Posts by ILoveMyBabyBird

((Satori)) it must be hard, we have no idea what life will bring our way even if we think we've planned to the best of our abilities. I know true sacrificing love is that we give to our children. It is tough no matter how it is diced. And poverty sucks. I grew up in poverty and right now me and the kids are borderline living on support from exdh but I don't think people realize the self-esteem issues those especially those that have a higher education suffer from taking...
well dd still isn't potty trained. I know lots suggest naked bum time, but I have rental now that is all carpet which is only 1 year old and where I used to live it was hardwood and tile so no big deal if ds peed on it, but it is a big deal if dd pees on the carpet. I recently weighed her and she is 35lbs, so i bought her some size 5 overnight huggies, as I had her in regular size 5 and some regular huggies size 6. She leaked out of the overnight size 5 just now, not even...
 yeah sometimes I feel like my degree was a big ole waste of time and money. Now back in school and yes I practically had to pull my hair out to do it in fear that I would be spending more money and not be able to get a job once done, only time shall see. I had a nice discussion about my finances with the ex today, I told him how much debt I have now, he was shocked. I laughed because apparently he thinks me going back to college is free or something plus I still have my...
you said constant issues with your daughter's father? what type of issues? Is he a regular part of her life? Also are you ready to lose her for weeks or months at a time so that she can go back and visit her father when you move?   Don't move without getting permission from courts. You could jeopordize your parental rights by doing so. Your daughter was born in AZ, that is her home state, tread carefully.   One a side note, no I would never move that far away from my...
I feel like this too, but I am a single student (online classes) mama so staying home with no grownups to talk to drives me mad! I have been very reluctant to say no to going out when asked because i don't get much interaction with others. I get a free concert ticket so that is good, but then i have to pay for gas and food and drinks and sometimes a sitter so it really adds up. I am trying to do a few things and that is to do free events with the kids and try to stick...
totally awesome thing as I want to name something I am grateful for! The local grocery store has coupons on the back of their receipts, I found that 5$ off coupons are being printed for savers, so far I have gotten 3 so that is essentially 15$ in my pocket! 
Just sold my soul to the dental devil. Went in and my cavity was so bad I needed a root canal and crown. They knocked off some of the costs about 15% but it was a pretty penny and I signed up for a payment plan because I don't carry around that much money to spend on my dental needs. Will go back for the permanent crown in a month. I swear I almost cried, I felt like I was losing a limb. Oh well. I will survive. Guess my lesson has been learned that I need to take better...
Ugh, so I called about the discounted dental place and there is a 3+ month wait to get in. I cannot keep popping pain pills for that long. So i have to figure something else out and may just have to pay full price. I really do not have time to get to the dentist until the 15th or 22nd, but really wish I could get in next week but  my darn final is the 8th which is when xdh will have the kids. I am bummed, but I have to do something about this soon. I know it is my fault, I...
 DO you have any information on the medicaid expansion for adults? My kids get medical through xdh but the copays bite and I have a crappy individual plan while i am in college, wonder if this will affect me and/or the kiddos?
Hi mama's, I have skimmed through the recent post a couple days ago, things have been crazy busy around here. I miss checking more often.   I am doing okay over here, managed to save 400$ to put in savings, but I did charge some things so it is probably more like 200$ after I pay the bill. I have been going to a single parent support group and it is really shaping up to be a great group, all women and it is nice to hang with people that get me and my situation.   On...