or Connect

Posts by stella

my all around favorite boy's name: lachlan cool ones heard/named lately: shepard adonaix (not sure of the spelling. sounds like adonoi (hebrew word for god) but is french so has the "x" on the end. parents are french canadian) favorite combo of more common names: carlos jose (my cousin was named this. but unfortunately aunt & uncle who adopted him completely changed it) from my childhood: bissel and my own dd: meret. does anyone know any other...
the book i use is Favorite Bread Machine Recipes by Norman A. Garrett. it isn't all whole grain recipes, but at least half are and use various kinds of grains and flours in them. so far all i have made from his book have been great. i made a corn,wheat& rye bread a couple of weeks ago for a dinner party and the guests finished the entire loaf! book also has useful information about how to convert non-machine recipes. hope this helps. if you can't find it, i could...
kelly, check out www.flylady.net i don't know how to describe what it is without sounding sappy. it is really helping me get organized, energized and keep going in spite of winter blues. i hope it is helpful to you. -stella
i don't know if proclaiming yourself a lesbian will help with this problem. i have found that the same men who are clueless enough to make unwanted passes, not pick up on signals, or take "no" for an answer, are the same men who will get turned on if you say you are a lesbian and/or decide they will be the one to make you switch sides. so, it may backfire on you. luckily i do not have this problem. no one is after me. either i have the "BACK OFF!" vibe honed to...
i think it looks really cool when little babies have pierced ears, but i don't know if there is any danger in it -- like if the baby pulls on their ear or something. i grew up in brooklyn and most of my friends had had it done as infants. they were of many different cultures. my grandmother (nyc, jewish) had also had it done as an infant and said that is what was done at that time. however, my mother didn't have her's done -- it was out of style apparently when she was...
i was asking my chiropractor about this exact thing last week and she recommended a chickenpox playdate. i do remember being miserable when i had chickenpox, and i think it will be hard for me to try and get my dd purposely infected. but the vaccine is one that i feel very wary of since it is so new, and because of the reasons that lila mentions. with all children being vaccinated now, i am worried that i won't be able to find anyone who is sick with it.
FYI - on her website right now - www.hipmama.com - they are selling big t-shirts that say "got breastmilk?" for $5 with a magazine subscription. they also have shirts that say "breeder." cool.
i am relatively new to the boards, but after reading the posts here i thought maybe this is where my question belongs. i hope no one thinks this is too superficial my question is: did your breast size go back down to what it was before you started bf? i have been bf my dd for 2 yrs. definitely breasts are smaller than they were initially when my milk came in, but still not anywhere near their original size. still more than one cup size and one band size larger than...
i haven't heard anything bad about soy milk -- just that some kids have allergies to soy in general. my 2 yo dd loves soy milk & being vegan, i do not give her cow's. we get the refrigerated (vs aceptic container) kind because it has about half the amount of grams of sugar in it per serving and is enriched which calms my nutritional fears (dd nurses and doesn't eat much!) the bad things i heard about soy related to supplements only. it was misleading because i heard...
sorry that you are going through this emily. i don't know the laws in your state (i am just kind of learning them in mine). but anyhow, there are 2 things that come to mind reading your post. one is that it seems unlikely that a court would set up something that would have a 3 yr old traveling alone across country to stay away from his home for even a week at a time. especially since it is not as if tim is this huge presence in his life. second thing is a question...