or Connect

Posts by Turkish Kate

I am so glad to find this thread.  I was beginning to think that I'm the only one whose kidling has an excessive amount of homework.  DS is 5, in Kindergarten at a charter school, and I find his homework to be extraordinarily excessive.  Homework packets are sent out on Mondays and are expected to be turned in on Fridays.  If not turned in until Monday, he only gets half credit.  This week consists of 4 worksheets that require him to color the pictures with the letter...
Eid Mubarak and Bayraminiz kutlu olsun! Well, you already know what was on our table, but I'll post it here for bragging rights. I made a roasted leg of lamb and served it with pilav (rice pilaf), zeytinyagli fasulye (green beans cooked in olive oil), zeytinyagli enginar (artichokes in olive oil), and bread, with sutlac (rice pudding) and Turkish tea for dessert. We split up after dinner and DD and I did a little shopping and met another mother-daughter couple for...
Of course it's creating a habit. Why is that automatically a bad thing?
Thanks, ladies. I appreciate the support. Zona, I didn't realize I could opt out of the exam, too, until I started looking for research yesterday. Now that I have the form, though, I'm going to have a go with this clinic. I just finished a letter to the clinic manager, to go in the mail today, and they should get it Monday. I am not going to let this rest. The form was completed improperly and I have every intention of getting a new form that is completed properly. ...
I got the religious exemption without any problem from the health department. No questions asked, they filled out the paper, handed it to me, advised me to make a copy for my own records and turn in the original to DS's preschool. Great. That's what I did. But in FL, he has to have a physical completed by a physician, physician's assistant, or advanced practice registered nurse practitioner, so I took him to a local walk-in clinic, same thing I did with my daughter...
My 15 year old DD just completed the Red Cross Babysitting Boot Camp, two days of child care instruction, first aid, and CPR. She's now looking to babysit for children in the south Jax/Mandarin area, possibly further. She has great references, including her 2-year-old brother, and is a great AP sitter. She's familiar with slings, boobie babies, gentle discipline, and changing all manner of cloth diapers. If anyone is looking for a mother's helper or sitter for the...
I'm just curious why you think you should tell other people that your child isn't vaccinated? I've never had a playgroup-type person ask me and never brought it up with anyone else.
I'm brain dead in the evenings, so used to get up at 4am to do my homework in nursing school. I don't remember having homework in my pre-reqs, but I'm sure I did, just don't remember how I got it done.
I agree. That first year will make or break you, spirit-wise. I couldn't imagine having a baby on top of it. Plus, the job market is really tough right now for new grads. If it were me, I'd wait until I had a job for a while before I tempted fate with maternity leave.
I was in the midst of pre-reqs when my divorce proceedings started, DD was 15 months. XH didn't contribute to our home at all, either financially or physically for the majority of time that I was in school. I managed to work full-time as a home health aide while I did my pre-reqs, two classes per sememster in the evenings, while my BFF watched DD. Once nursing school started, though, I was unable to work at all after the fist semester. Between classes, clinicals,...