or Connect

Posts by Turkish Kate

Ditto all the nuns when I was growing up and in my years of working in a Catholic hospital--all the nuns (who wore habit) wore wedding rings.
Okay, maybe I was too quick. I got a wicked rush of nausea on the way home from My Gym with DS, thought I was gonna have to pull over and puke out the window. :s And now I have zero tolerance for any of DS's usual hijinks, like throwing balls at the microwave and seeing how far he can fling his lunchtime spaghetti. So either I'm pregnant, having a bizarre case of PMS (always a possibility), or I want it so bad I'm becoming a pregnancy-symptom-hypochondriac.
Wow, Organic. Sounds promising. I had a "light period" when first pregnant with DD that sounds a lot like that. I was expecting awful cramps and heavy bleeding, got mild cramps and some spotting when AF was due and was worried about a miscarriage, but carried her for 43 weeks! I don't remember about clots though, just the bleeding. You could still be in the running. Have you done a HPT today? Okay, I realized I was being irrational counting myself out yesterday. ...
Well I'm out. 10 dpo and a BFN. Happy Anniversary to us.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauren31 TurkishKate- your chart looks great! Almost triphasic!!! You're right, and I'd love to get excited about it, but that's fairly normal for me. Darnit. Still having those pesky mild cramps, though. Maybe I'll waste another test tomorrow (10dpo) since it's our anniversary. On a practical note, I think that what's hindering us is the breastfeeding toddler. I think that's keeping my progesterone level too...
I'm about ready to call it quits for this cycle. I don't have any "pregnant" feelings, other than "wanna-be." I've had some mild cramps on and off for the last couple of days, but with both of my DCren, I had severe implantation cramps, beyond anything menstrual-related, that required massive doses of Tylenol to just get through the day. I know every pregnancy is different, but I just don't have that feeling. I *knew* with both of my previous pregnancies (and even with...
We want one more. I have DD (15 1/2) from a previous marriage and we have DS (2!) together. We've been TTC for over a year and I'm starting to get worried that it won't happen. I have baby hunger sooooooo bad. I walk through the baby aisle at Target and bawl over the cute little girl dresses, even though I really want another boy. But I'm in the same boat with many other posters, I'm so not keen on the toddler years. I :heart babies, preschoolers, even teens, but...
Just out of curiosity, not knowing anything about your situation with FIL and SMIL, but have they given you a reason previously to think that these things would not be "acceptable" to them? Agree with eepster, though, that with some people, it simply doesn't matter what you do, nothing is right. (I have a few of those bad branches in my own family tree.) Good luck. Oh, and a tip to help with Middle Eastern in-laws, particularly women--ask for cooking lessons, whether...
I think that babies say "mama" and "dada" and it's the culture that places significance on those words. Since those are the words for mother and father in many English-speaking cultures, parents get excited, reinforce the meaning of the words, and after a while the child attaches the same meaning. When DS was first making those sounds, it was a completely different ballgame. We were in Istanbul at the time, and in Turkish the word "mama" is a baby word for food, so...
Can someone please explain it to me why I have this enduring notion that peeing on a stick makes you pregnant? I *know* it's too early, but I couldn't help myself and tested this am--at 7 dpo. Yeesh.