or Connect

Posts by jnet24

I went to the zoo halloween thing yesterday I saw a mummy costume and thought immediately of this thread. Someone ad taken gray jogging pants and sweatshirt and drew black lines, outlined in brown to make it look like gauze was wrapped around the entire suit. Then they had taken some gauze and sewed it in random spots to give the mummy look. It was totally cute and easy.
that is pretty amazing. I would be surprised too.
Nursing for us is going great. I am about 11 1\2 weeks, with no nipple pain. I remind her to open her mouth big and when it starts to get uncomfortable at night, I tell her nursies are night night and that usually works. We also bought her a stuffed animal and everytime I nurse her to sleep, or lay down with her we give her the doggie. Now we can pass on nursies and the give her the dog and that sometimes works too.
My DD is 22 months old and quite the nursing demander. She does exactly what your DD does but instead of boobie she screams nurse, lays across me, and signs milk. It was, and stil is sometimes, so frustrating to deal with, but I found a few things that help. 1. Don't allow bad nursing manners at home at all. I would take DD off and say no nursies until you stop kicking me, pinching, etc When she wanted to nurse she has to calmly say\ sign please.No grabbing at my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Belia I'm not too late, am I? I haven't scarred my child for life by delaying, have I? You are not too late at all. When I was concerned about my son's speech, my ped and the first SLP I went to said they like to wait till they are over two to really assess for speech problems. Because at 2 is where alot of kids have a huge language explosion. Also my son is speech delayed due to fluid behind his ear drum. He...
Just wanted to update that I called the ped and he thought we should try to get more xrays and added more views of the ankle and leg itself. We went friday night, so we should hear back Mondayish. I will keep you all updated. And thanks for the advice.
My Ds jumped off a slide on Labor Day. He cried and said it really hurt. The next day it was swollen and he was still limping so I took him to the Doctor. The ped checked it out and said he would give me a script for an xray but that it was prob fine and that I should wait a dew more days. Two days later he was still limping so I went and got it xrayed. It was fine. He limped for a week or so, but we chalked it up to thinking he needed to. The last couple of days...
I think it is more important to teach our children self confidence, then to force them into a bubble we think they belong in.
My DS has an expressive language delay and a severe Phonological delay. He has other "stuff" going on but isnt really diagnosed with anything. Was tested for SPD but does not seem to have it, has social and emotional delays, and may end up with an ADD diagnosis. Then main problem I am dealing with right now is anger frustration issue. He pushes, bites, tackles, punches, and throws things when he is upset. I just started watching a 8 month old and a 2.5 year old,...
Well I am lucky, I guess in a way, my DS has a severe Phonological Delay, and pretty much has the language of a almost 4 year old but can only pronounce words like a 18-24 month old. I have had alot of practice deciphering 18-24 language skills. It really helps me now that my 21 month old is talking up a storm. I know that doesn't help you at all, so here is what I do with my almost 4 year old. We use a lot of sign. Even though we stopped for a long time, we pick it...