or Connect

Posts by InstinctiveMama

My little girl developed a rash this afternoon on her belly. The weather is quite hot here but this is not presenting as a heat rash usually does with her. The rash is very red with raised bumps. It is hot to the touch. Any suggestions for a natural cure?
My little girl developed a rash this afternoon on her belly. The weather is quite hot here but this is not presenting as a heat rash usually does with her. The rash is very red with raised bumps. It is hot to the touch. Any suggestions for a natural cure?
Any advice for a five month of with a cough? I had a cold about 2 weeks ago. I thought it had by-passed the baby but she has had a little runny nose and cough since then. How can I help her get over this cough? Thanks!
Any advice for a five month of with a cough? I had a cold about 2 weeks ago. I thought it had by-passed the baby but she has had a little runny nose and cough since then. How can I help her get over this cough? Thanks!
[QUOTE=prettypixels;8532605] I wish they could make the shots hurt less though. QUOTE] Try the Shotblocker. It's made by a company in Toledo called Bionix. My 4 yo's first ped gave us the shotblocker. It's amazing. My son never reacted (cried, winced, screamed, etc) until he was over 12 months and a student nurse did his shot. The shotblocker works on the principle of the gateway method, i.e. the nerves can only send one signal at a time to the brain. I recently...
Thanks everyone for the good suggestions! I had massaged baby's tummy for a while before I posted. Then a few hours later she pooped! Thank goodness for the Bjorn potty because the poop was quite sticky. So far this baby is the opposite of my son. He is almost 4 yo and still poops 2-3 times every day!:
OK. I'm not freaking out but I really want my baby girl to poop! She pooped last Saturday evening (this is Thursday evening). Last night she has maybe a teaspoon of poop. I know breastfed babies can go a week or more between poops. But boy is this going to be a big poop when it comes! She has been passing gas and is not fussy at all. I have taken probiotics and massaged her tummy. Any other suggestions for getting a baby to poop? Thanks! P.S. She's 12 weeks old
Quote: Originally Posted by lactationlady I found Dr. Jay Gordon's vaccination DVD to be very informative without all of the fear-mongering. That really turns me off too. It had very good info on the relative risks of the diseases, history of some of the vaccines, which vaccines one might want to consider, based on circumstances. You can find the DVD here: http://www.childcaremedia.com/dvdproducts.php I am interested in watching this DVD....
I don't believe my c-section was medically necessary. It was necessary because I don't believe any of my care providers knew enough about breech birth. In a different situation, I would have been able to vaginally birth my baby just fine. I never stopped believing in my ability to birth my breech baby!
I believe OFP is important. You may need an exercise like the one your frined suggested but I would not waste time doing it if your baby is anterior. My opinion is the best thing you can do is be vigilant about how you are sitting and try to know baby's position. There is a fabulous book called Sit Up and Take Notice that goes into depth about OFP. ICAN used to sell it but I heard they were out of stock. There may be copies available on Amazon.