or Connect

Posts by InstinctiveMama

Quote: Originally Posted by usolyfan My husband and I are looking into purchasing an Ergo but have a few questions about it. First of all our dd is 21 pounds and has huge legs. 1)Will there be any problem with her legs fitting in the holes? Second, her hips are abducted and there is some concern as to whether they fit into their sockets correctly. 2)I know the Ergo is ergonimically correct but I don't know whether it would do further harm to dd or if...
I tried to get my 3 yo to "rest" or allowed him to play quietly in his nap room. Sometimes he fell asleep and sometimes he did not. So I thought maybe he was not tired enough for a nap. So I started taking him to the park, the zoo or just outside every day. Still he sometimes took a nap and sometimes did not. I had to drop the afternoon nap effort. It was wearing me out and he was not getting anything from it. I did "set" a bedtime so he is getting the 11-12 hours of sleep...
Quote: Originally Posted by poetesss Also weird random question--I noticed my MW had long pointy nails...errr, wouldn't that kinda feel funny during a cervical check? I cannot answer the VE question except to say you are doing a good job standing your ground. But as for the long fingernails, yes they hurt! I had an OB fellow do a VE on me after an attempted external version. She did not keep her nails short like most people I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by ccohenou If I had to guess, I would bet that you have an anterior placenta. I do too, and it meant a hard time finding the heartbeat with a doppler (impossible until 16 weeks), and feeling very little movement, almost nothing that is unmistakably baby. I second that. With my first the placenta was anterior. Movement was confusing because it just felt like gas for a long time. It also made it difficult to feel the...
Quote: Originally Posted by honeybeedreams not as high in the US i bet! too many people there with no insurance!! True, the US c-section rate is horrendous. I mean, 30% come on! But Brazil is even worse. C-sections are the norm and a woman is "crazy" for having a vaginal birth. I heard it has something to do with a desire to keep a tight vagina to please men. I guess everyone has different priorities!
[QUOTE=Azza;6257698]When we started seeing her we told her we wanted a vaginal birth and we have reiterated this at every visit. Yesterday, after telling us that everything is normal and healthy with both baby and myself, she said "IF you have a vaginal birth" and then went on to give a list of things that she says WILL happen if we birth naturally... including "3rd or 4th degree rectal tears", "vaginal damage", "prolapsed bladder" etc etc etc. QUOTE] Wow! : It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by timneh_mom Yay!!! I've got it too, now in both breasts It's making DS's poop crazy though! My son is three yo. I wish I could nurse him! Especially since he started preschool last month and we are getting into flu season. We nursed until a few weeks ago. It was so painful I could not continue. And believe me, I was a mama who swore I would breastfeed no matter what! I look forward to nursing him again, after this...
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence Quoted a post removed by moderator ACOG can hardly be considered an unbiased source for information on c-sections, vbac, etc. PubMed (www.pubmed.gov), the Childbirth Connection (www.childbirthconnection.com) and the World Health Organization (http://www.who.int/en/) are three organizations who have no biased interest in presenting information.
Quote: Originally Posted by iamama Its interesting our culture of "don't have a single sip of wine" "no wine in cooking" "no rum cake" "no champange toast". But gimme an epi and bust out the formula. :
The problem with most vitamins, prenatal included, is the ingredients are synthetic. Which means not very helpful! My care providers have told me if I want to take a prenatal, look for "whole food" ingredients. I have heard Rainbow Light may be a good manufacturer of a whole food prenatal vitamin. That said, I am not taking a prenatal with this pregnancy. I am taking calcium lactate because my body is currently deficient in calcium. I am also drinking a shot of...