or Connect

Posts by Chronic Chrissy

Our rooms are rather small, and I wanted Ds close but, separate sometimes. The cradle wouldn't fit, not any of the hammock designs on the market. I ended up making him one much like a ring sling, There was a bar at the top to spread it for his face, and used to attach it to the wall with altered bunjy cords. The other end gathered togather and was thread through with binjy cord as well so it was easy to swing or bouncy. I could also adjust the bottom cord to the wall at...
at 9 month ds is still very handsy, and will keep himself awake with his hands. During the day the only way to get him down is to have his arms swaddled, once he is asleep and it loosens he can still find his hand at night, and often even while nursing breaks at least on free, but he is usually drowsy enough to be restrained. Sometimes it is frustrating, but it works for him. I think every babe is different. But thank goodness he will nurse back to sleep in bed at night...
Quote: Originally Posted by dachshundqueen How are you feeling today? Liz I feel a little tired and stiff, but not very bad at all. I Grated a raw potatoe and put it on the breast then put a hot pack over it and used a tensor to keep it in place. I did try nursing on all fours but didn't seem to help. We've been lining up the chin too. I've been rubbing it alot. It's still there and still just a lump, but isn't quite as hard. Last night I...
DS is 8 months and ebf except one day a week for 6 hours. A week ago he latched really good onto my areola but missed the nipple. A few days later we noticed a lump in that spot about the size of the tip of my pinky. I assumed a plugged duct at first but it didn't get any worse, it's just a lump, it doesn't hurt, isn't red, and isn't warm. However many things that help cause plugged ducts has been happening lately including stress/over activity, sleep deprivation, and my...
Sorry I didn't share earlier but they are jewish and a Rabbi will be doing the cerimony outside the hospital. Also she is a naturalpathic doctor with no prior experience treating newborns or children.
It might be, but if there are any others that come to mind I'd be happy to hear
I have a friend who is due with her second baby. She had a reduction surgery about 6 years ago and they did not do a pretty job, they also severed some ducts. She did lactate but didn't have the proper support to carry on too far. She is very excited to try again and is 5 months and is so proud to have colostrum. I remember when she had her last baby I had found a very highly recommended book here on the boars but don't remember what it is. Does anybody have any ideas of a...
I have a doula client who is very insistant on having her son Circ'd for religeous reasons, even though she doesn't like the procedure at all. We have a great relationship and I don't want to push her away by beating a dead horse, but I would like to provide her with natural alternatives to help her son before, during, and after the procedure. She is very open to Homeopathics and herbs, as well as the use of teas, and does plan to breastfeed. Also are there some things...
We planned a UC and live over an hour from a hospital. As the time approaches you either will or won't be comfortable, go by that.
We completely dissappered after he was born. My due date was June 15th. I delievered postirior Caven (CAVE-IN) June 26th after 30 hours of an attempted UC at home and 6 hours unassisted by a midwife in the hospital. We walked out 6 hours later and took him to the beach everyday for the first two weeks of his life even his first day. He is a joy to have, and I loved every minute of my pregnancy, and wouldn't trade my birth for the world.