or Connect

Posts by Chronic Chrissy

You'd have more room to stretch out in th front seat vs the back. However think about how you may want your legs spread because that could be something you are overlooking and the back may be better for that. I would just put the whole carseat in the trunk. DH would be capible of putting it in now that you've done a pilot run, and it will give him something to do to feel useful after the birth. Actually you should come up with some "important" arrands for him to do,...
Ha! You're doing the easy stuff. I'm due tomorrow and if I did it before I'm still doing it now. we live rurally so there is no one to help DH and lots to do to keep this place running, all of which I'm still helping with for the most part. I've been moving appliences and furniture, taking loads back and forth to the dump, tossing bails, and helping carry car frames, parts and huge tool boxes into and out of the garage. Carrying 5gl bucket of water back and forth one in...
I feel so bad because I have it so great and am still whiny, with out being horomonal if that makes any sense. Yeah I've had it so easy I'm not even hormonal, or uncomfortable, or anything more than a little bit slower. So it makes me feel bad for a ll the mommas with a reason to want to be done. Tomorrow is my due date and everyone is so excited and wants this baby out. Personally I've been completely prepared on almost every level for this homebirth for about 3...
I've indulged in the occasional beer guilt free. More so as I go further into the pregnancy. It's not that is is a strong urge but I want this baby out, I want labor to start so we can all stop waiting. I try really hard to get it off my mind and not overthink it but it's really hard to listen to myself. I was so sure I would go early, and now here I am due date tommorrow, and a midwife appointment. Bleh* I don't even see the point anymore but have to keep up the image,...
I was reading somewhere that you should spend 1-2 hours in the tub then get out for a break for and hour or so, unless you really want to stay in. Reason being is because the enviroment becomes stale, a change is usually what brings on the labor and contractions again. So if your land birth stalls get in the water, if you stall in the water get out, if you stall in your house or room get out and go for a walk.
You're all lucky you live where you can get take out. With a husband that creates poison when he cooks, and no really food places around, my lazy cooking(which I hate to do now especially because I don't feel much like eating what I'm preparing) still require my to pull stuff out of the freezer and cook on the stove, or in the oven for about 40minutes. When you aren't making meals from scatch though, and do all your shopping for 2 weeks at a time you relize just how much...
We had mostly hand me downs for our first who was a girl and have bought nothing new for the boy. I don't see the point in buying baby clothes and would much rather use handme downs anyways even if they are stained. We live quite rurally and only get out once every few week anyways, so i don't care if my boy is wearing pink flowers for an hour before he spits up on them. Some of the hand me downs are actually mine and my sisters if you would believe it. I sat down and went...
I've had two false labors that started like this and lasted a whole day before fizzing out at bed time. Man did it get my hopes up. First time was two weeks ago and then again last week. I have my fingers crossed for you.
I got tons of great information from here as well as talking to Barbara http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do Any day now I'm about to pop: and have been edgerly awaiting pulling the cover off my prepared hot tub and at least laboring in it, but also birthing in the water for my first time. Needless to say when the time does come no matter what the plans I do intend to listen to my body. Due to the size of the tub 1000L and the shape I'll have the option of being...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quindin Chronic Crissy Do you happen to be somewhere in Scandinavia? The maternity/paternity laws there are soooo wonderful! In the country we used to live in, women got fully paid leave bginning on week 36 of pregnancy and lasting until the baby was 6mo, and then they could also take off until 12 mos for slightly less pay. Mom and dad can split the leave equally, which ensures that men and women are really equal in the...