or Connect

Posts by Chronic Chrissy

While my bras don't cause me actual pain(well sometimes they do), I do find that many of my worse consistent pregnancy sympotoms from my first pregnancy that I suffered through are actually relieved when I don't where a bra. I think it has alot to do with the compression as well as the lack of full inhalation when I breath. I'm at the point where I would much rather be comfortable and am usually braless. It's so much nicer being pregnant when you don't feel like crap and...
Thank goodness! I was starting to think I was weird or something, lol. Alot of our family relationship is about equality and balancing everyones needs, and we all need eachother. We really are looking forward to being a family all togather and being able to grow each individually and togather as a strong family unit. DH is so excited that he's been talking about having 12 kids and a huge family, and get off the grid and self suficient someday! This from the man who never...
Ok I wasn't really scared of tearing when I wrote this thread but thought maybe deep down may have been. Now after all this reassurance I feel the same way, I have confidence I won't tear, but if I do at least this time I know it will heal and it's not really a big deal(the first time I was scared of dmaging my vagina or perinum and having my sex life affected). I was hoping this was the fear keeping me from getting past my false labor but I guess I have more digging to...
Quote: Originally Posted by gossamerwindweb I think I would go crazy with him in my space for that long. And I guarantee he would! 2 weeks sounds almost too long which is why we are being fluid about if it is 1 or 2 weeks. Yeah I figured too but we've been saving up lots of projects for him and DD to do around the house while I'm with DS. He's actually been looking forward to this for a while. He's a small guy who works on huge machines so his...
I'm so sad for all you mommas! DH is taking 35 weeks paid paternity leave from the government, everbody can get it here. He also has the option of working 40% of his normal hours on top of that. IF he doesn't work we are short only about $200 a paycheck. But if he does He'll easily make about $400 more than usual giving us a chance to catch up on bills that we otherwise wouldn't be able to pay. It's really sad here because alot of dad's don't take paternity leave,...
Crashing from June So last Saturday I felt quite Queasy in the morning. I felt something coming and grabed my mug to throw up in just in case I didn't make it to the bathroom. As I passed through the house i exchanged each puke pail for a bigger, eventually ending up with a pitcher(Thank God!). Of course the puke comes before I get to the bathroom and just won't stop so I squat to try and heave it all out so i can breath again, but then the pressure on my bladder was to...
Really when you think about it you can take everything you love about an unassisted birth and carry it through to the hospital if you really needed because most of UC is a strong confidence in yourself and your body by you and your partners and your abilities to deliver your own baby. I'm not sure about others here but we have a very flexible backup plan at the non-emerg transfer level, and emerg transport level. But at in each situation DH's involvement actually steps...
at the begining of the pregnancy DH knew I wanted a HB but thought my only option would be the hospital since we have no midwives in our area. I convinced him of the benifits of hb and convinced him to let me get a midwife in the city and birth at a friends place or try to get the midwife to come out here(only an hour away). I presented UC to him as I was learning about it with shock and excitement as usually happens when i stumble on new things that just make sense. I...
DD will be 3 years soon. I did tear in two places because of coached pushing and a finger up my ass for no reason:, one at the perinum and only needed a stitch(would skip had I known better), and another smaller one on my upper inner labia. I know that there is a little notch there now, The labia one. I was wondering how likely I would be to tear a second time begining at either of the previous tear sites? They healed well and fast, and I'm only 22(still have lots of...
Make sure you let us know when your marks come in! I'll read through it in a bit when I have time.