or Connect

Posts by Chronic Chrissy

I don't think it is right for anyone to say that you parent the way you were parented. There are exceptions but, most adults now 30 were struck as a punishment in school, many were put on feeding and sleeping scheduals during infancy, many skipped bfing altogather, Boys were raised tough, Girls feminine, you didn't even have carseats as infants. Lets take that one as an example. How many mothers screamed for carseats, or even considered that there was a betterway? Then...
The thing about the Nanny shows is that the families can no longer function the way that they are raising their children. The parents point out the action that they don't like and the nannys point out the cause of that action. " if you want this to change you have to change this this and this if not then it won't change." I also saw the weaning episode and if the mother didn't truely want to do it she would have refused, she wanted support to be strong and do what she...
While my problem isn't quite as complicated as yours I've recently stared to go through a similar thing. DD was born July 18/06 she's almost 9 weeks old. I used to be able to pump atleast a 6oz bottle a day. I went back to work on Monday for 3-5hrs a day. I didn't pump at work because I didn't feel full. I fed her right before I left, and as soon as I got back. She usually has 4hrs between feedings. Also while I try to eat and drink alot I think maybe it's not enough. Plus...
Quote: Originally Posted by barefoot mama I am really surprised to see responses saying she "must" take her child to the dentist. This IS a Natural Parenting Forum, is it not? I'm not saying that it's not appropriate to post opinions and personal experiences, but to say that someone "has to" do things a certain (mainstream) way I would not expect or want to find here. I can go to any mainstream parenting site and have people tell me those things. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by mothragirl "attachment crying" is still very valid (on the baby's part). i don't think you can dismiss a baby's needs because of that. I'm not saying that the baby doesn'y have needs but if there is no way for us to meet their needs and the parent still choses to leave them there we can't do anything about it. As much as I would like to there are other children to take care of who are also crying that you can tend...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby Well said Nicole. I'm hearing what you're saying too Chrissy. I'm of the mindset that for the most part parents have different ways of doing things and that's great, we all learn from each other this way. However, basic respect for our children as human beings should not be a part of those negotiations. They're smaller than we are but that doesn't mean that we should treat them more or less like second class...
But it is a skill. If you look at it from your point of veiw you can not stand to hear a child cry, so you immediatly sooth them. In the begining no one can stand to hear an infant cry but when you are unable to sooth them you teach yourself to walk away when you can't handle their crying and remove yourself from the immediate area(eventhough they can be in the same room). We all do that at on point or another, they have just taught themselves to do it more often. So it is...
Organic is expensive. I've found ways to cut back on the chemicles in our food(which is better than nothing), and eliminate them, while staying on budget. First of all meat, thry and find a butcher shop that uses no additives or presivitives, suprisingly when you ask around they are everywhere. But to take it a step further we go right to the source. We made friends with farmers, growing up in the country it wasn't hard. Don't go to the large farmer find the small farms...
I'm 19 and DH is 34 and it seems like every where we go people think we're stupid. In the hospital, at the doctors, friends, strangers, people at work. What they fail to relize is that I have 14 bothers and sisters in a blended family where every "couple" was neglectful and often dissappeared. I started taking care of newborns at 8 and was left alone with them by 10. I have RAISED 6 children from newborn. I know everyone is trying to help but I've just started saying...
OK I understand how some may have taken offense to my post, but every article and peice of information I've read including the ones reccommended in this thread have been referring to excessive use of TV. When Children are watching more than 8hrs a day as they claim yes that is horrible, but when your child spends 1-2 hrs combined throughout the day or even less I see nothing wrong with that. If DD wants to watch TV I put on a few different things. One is the news. Yes...