or Connect

Posts by Yuba_River

Anything with water is a hit around here. We fill up the wading pool, open up the sand box, get out all the sand toys and watch the engineering begin. Playing in the sprinkler is fun, too, as is helping to water the garden.   Planting, weeding and harvesting in the garden; playing in the pole bean teepee or corn patch.   This Spring we bought five bales of straw and made a climbing structure out of them--endless fun.   Camping is always a hit.   Now if...
I did a lot of reading to DS1 while standing/bouncing with DS2 in the Moby wrap at that stage. Not quite the same as one on one, but it still made him happy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know how you feel. I pushed over 2 hours with my first and was really hoping I would be like my friends who pushed for twenty minutes with their second babies, but no such luck--still took over an hour with my second. It was hard and made harder by my midwife who seemed surprised and somehow critical of how long it was taking. Ironically, I felt much more effective once I lay on the bed on my back, which was how I birthed my first son. I regretted using that position...
This happened to me after DS1 nightweaned, too! So frustrating be to lying there awake.... I think the no-cry sleep solution actually has a chapter about this.
Can you plant them but cover them? I use a floating row cover or for smaller plants, apple juice or milk containers with the bottoms cut off. If they stay in their pots too long it may be hard to plant them out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if they're exactly the same, but I really like my Hotsling. You might be able to find a used replacement for the your old pouch--try the babywearer forum. I think stretchy wraps are great for newborns, even if they are bigger--so cozy! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually sounds fine to me--like going in the Ergo makes him feel safe and sleepy, he fusses to wind down all the way to sleep, and then conks out. My DS2 often did that at that age. As long as it's just his sleepy fuss, I wouldn't worry about it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Ds was 3 1/4 when DS2 was born. He hadn't been weaned that long, but it had been a while since nursing a newborn. It actually felt a little awkward at first, but the learning process was much shorter. I did have sore nipples because I was a little sloppy with his latch, but they healed quickly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very interesting--thanks for sharing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that it sounds normal. They get pretty efficient at that age, and if you have a fast letdown and lots of milk, they can fill their belly in 5 minutes or even less. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk