or Connect

Posts by Yuba_River

We have shared this struggle with my DS for a long time as well. With him, it got a ton better when he stopped napping, but even so he will still have times where it is very hard for him to fall asleep. Once he starts having a hard time, it can easily take him hours to fall asleep. The two things that help us, just in case they are useful for you:   -Catching his sleepy window. Mostly that means not starting too late--we actually start bedtime around 7, lights out by...
I did this as a kid, and still have favorites I love to reread. Rereading is actually great for building fluency--it will make her a faster reader. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sorry it's so hard right now, Mama! It's sounds like you need some help and a break. For myself, I have much more patience and the kids are easier when I have been able to take care of myself--had a nap, walked with a friend, gardened, etc. Is there any way you could get a break somehow and get a little recharged? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went through the same thing. I think it's both. Three is a hard age, and having a new baby on the way is a big deal. Also, I was so tired the last few weeks, and that makes everything harder for everyone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are such great responses. Reading them is making me feel less bad about this issue.   One thing I have been trying lately that I think is helping: It sounds funny, but I pretend DS is a little baby again. It is easy for me to be gentle with my 5 month old, but I think having  a baby in the house makes DS look so much bigger and older, and makes me less patient with him. And really, a lot of the time I think he is wanting to be babied a bit. So, when I have to...
I don't know the answer, but just wanted to say I struggle in exactly the same way, and I know what you mean. Hoping to hear some good ideas on this thread. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loving my 3 year spread so far! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope everything is OK. I had spotting for weeks with both kids, and everything was fine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went camping at about that far along, and again at 28 weeks, and it was great. We chose sites with easy access to the restrooms, and I used an air mattress instead of my usual mats. I was actually more comfy than sleeping at home. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love my hotsling pouch for hip carries. Any long carries feel more comfy on my front or back, but the hip is so great for doing stuff around the house--love that you can just quickly rotate babe to your back for a minute if you need them out of the way of the stove or something. I am fairly petite (5'4") and the pouch is very trim feeling. It's very important that it fit you well, though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk