or Connect

Posts by Tiki

as everyone said - don 't worry what others say. I have 5 wonderful children - it is crazy, loud, exhilarating and completely wonderful. I have 4 girls and the baby is a boy. Wasn't trying for a boy - but I sure love it. (We have 3 teen/preteen girls - I joke.... hormones to diapers.) I especially love dinner time when we are all together well all talk. At a restaurant we were so loud laughing the other day that other customer commented. (actually said it was...
I can completely related to everything that has been said. I have 12 y.o. twin girls that have been going back and forth 50/50 since they were 5 and a dsd that has been with us summers and holidays since she was 6. I also now have a ds and dd with new dh. As for parental guilt - got that too - I always say the only reason I have two cats is parental guilt! (I am terribly allergic to cats, but gave in) The advice about involving everyone in the new baby seems the...
Have you talked to your step-mom about how you feel? While this is a little different - it still is similar --- all my sister/brother in laws call my mother-in-law "Mom". I can't bring myself to do it. I explained to her that it isn't that I don't love /respect her ... it is simply that I have a mother that I feel disrepectful to if I call some else mom. Maybe if you discussed it with her, it will make you feel more comfortable with what ever choice you make. And..it...
I feel better knowing that I am not the only one going through this. I can easily purge the house of "junk" toys, but I never know what to do with the toys that a great toys, but simply excess. I have a hard time deciding what to donate and what to keep. We are also blessed with the over gift giving grandparents... add to that - we are a blended family that brought two households together - so five kids later, and an age range of almost 2 to 13, my house looks...
I went from working full time to being a wahm with the idea that I would now have time to keep my house organized and neat (my twins are now 12 and actually help) - and you guessed it still can't keep it neat with twins that are 12 and a 5 year old and a 2 year old. : (the 12 y.o.s don't leave toys, but i can follow a trail of clothes and bread crumbs) if anyone has suggestions I would absolutely love to hear them. i am just about ready to rid my house of all toys and...
This really isn't advice, but just something light to share -it may be a little corny....however, when my dd's were born 12 yrs ago, my friend gave me a framed saying that not only have I come to love and appreciate, but my girls have had me read to them numerous times over the past 12 years: There are 2 to wash and 2 to dry, And 2 who argue and 2 who cry! One's in a mudpuddle - having a ball, One holds a crayon off marking a wall. Some days seem endless. My...
My 5 yo dd is the same way. i get so frustrated sometimes. my friends and her teachers tell me that she is wonderful to have around etc. etc. I have 12 y.o. twin dd’s and it was the same when they were little.. I agree that when kids are at home they can be free and know that they have unconditional love. When I get too frustrated I try to remember that my older girls where the same way and I got through it and it got better and it will for this dd also.
my ds sounds so similar to the ones described. If it is a piece of fruit he will eat it without hesitation. even if it is something he has never tried or seen before. however, if i put a vegetable in front of him he actually brushes it off the high chair: how he knows the difference is beyond me. I put whatever we are eating on his plate - just little bits of each (interestingly enough, he will eat pad thai with both hands ! haven't figured this one out yet...:...
My ds is going to be 2 in November and it now takes two of us to change him! and sometimes my dd tries to help entertain. sitting still just doesn't seem possible when there is so much of life to explore!!!!!! (thankfully, since he has so many older siblings he is already very interested in the potty!)
I just see it as a reminder of why he is my ex in the first place. we have two ex's (mine and my husbands) to deal with.... and i am pretty sure they have a calendar that shows whose turn it is to be the one causing problems!!!