or Connect

Posts by Dylie Love

Does anyone know where to find used Waldorf books and curriculum? I was looking at the Christopherus sets but was hoping to find some secondhand. Ebay and Craigslist are a bust, and I thought there was a FOST section of mothering, but now it seems like its WAHM only products? What is the consensus on Waldorf materials? Anyone recommend a specific publisher? I am very lost and overwhelmed by it all and am hoping for a simple, straightforward method thats easy to keep...
We have been unschooling our 6 yr old and going to a local charter school's weekly homeschoolers class (aka playdate with kids I'm not so fond of and few in his age range). I don't plan to continue with them next year. I was looking at our local waldorf school (Santa Barbara) and even if I could get in under the discounted rate program, the commute (45 min each way) will be unbearable. Plus all his friends will be up there which will add to the commute and difficulty. ...
I use pictage.com. But after 7 years we are trying to stop. Its hard when everything is stored there! Its just not worth it imo to pay the monthly fee of $99+. Are you trying to sell them online or just display them? I adore ShowitPro for slideshows and use that for SO many things including taking orders and sending the images to the client for selecting images. I just used dropshots the other day and liked it, but it will not be a good choice if you want to sell...
As a photographer, I highly suggest you shoot outdoors if possible. If not, find a room with the biggest and brightest window, and shoot with the window at your shoulder. Natural light will give your items a soft, earthy feel, which for baby stuff is good. You can also set up a simple backdrop system made from pvc pipes, hang a soft brown or white fleece fabric from it (the most forgiving and easy care background fabric imo) and then pin your garment to it, or do a...
Ahhh, DH. We have worked together for 10 years now as photographers. In the beginning it was really rough, lots of headbutting, but after awhile things started to click. Its still hard, but I would rather be with him than without him (i think...) I suggest you sit down with your DH and write out a list of job duties. EVERYTHING you do in the business from inventory lists, to phone answering, to phone replying, to emails, to buying pencils. Write it ALL out. Then...
I don't know for sure that they sold me out to Passport to Fun, but it seems like google searching links the two companies and I found a monthly $20 passport to fun charge on my cc statement at the same time I started using vista. All I can say is free isn't always free. After 3 years of them charging me without my knowledge, those free cards cost me $650! (DH did the finances...thought it was something I wanted) : I have used Spinnprint.com and found their prices...
We have spent 5 years looking for the best infant/toddler flotation device. We finally found two good ones at Leslies Pool Supply, its a local place but has a website and other locations too. My 1.5 yr old LOVES this thing thats an inner tube (really a bike tire i think) with a jumpsuit attached. I don't know why but it works soooooo much better than the junky ones I can find at target or drugstores. Here is the...
Im a mom of 3 with two still in diapers full time (8mos & 24mos) and the third just nights. I adore my pocket diapers. The best imo. We don't pre stuff... I did that with my first baby. After #2 you just grab and go. We finally have our system down. 3 dry pails. One covers, one inserts and one for washcloths. This allows us to just wash, dry and then throw the whole dryer load into a laundry basket and thats its final home- no final sorting. So we get the wipes...
So happy for you and your family. Best wishes on speedy typing and a content munchkin.
One last thought coming from the mama brainstorming going on here. I liked that wreath of seasons. What if you made the wreath out of kids handprints and had the colors change as it wraps around symbolizing the seasons of change... you could even make the handprints get bigger, even further symbolizing the seasons of change. Another idea would be to put the sun inside that wreath. Make it all watercolor and just kinda glow from the center and I think it would be...