or Connect

Posts by NoraB

Child led weaning is NOT a silly goal!!!!! It was having a firm commitment to CLW that got me through the rough times w/ nursing. Nursing is a relationship and it is important that both parties are getting their needs met. As a child grows, s/he can stand more limits. Allowing a child to practice generosity and respecting the needs of others is a wonderful and important lesson. It can be done gently and doesn't take away from CLW at all. I had a tough time w/ my DD....
Nursing is a relationship. It involves both of you. Your needs deserve consideration too. It's actually a great opportunity to help your little one understand that. It's important to look at your motives carefully and balance them with your child's actual needs. At the same time, you need to be fair and reasonable with yourself. It doesn't help your child grow to see you denying your own reasonable needs. As your child grows older, s/he can handle more limits. Gently...
I used the Wild Fermentation recipe for dill pickles as a starting point for fermeting some zucchinis. At first they were really salty and sour. I didn't really like the taste. I stuck them in the fridge because I was loathe to just throw them away. After a week or two, I tasted them again, expecting them to taste awful still...but they were soooooo good! They tasted very much like regular, store-bought dills (which is good for my family memebers who generally reject any...
Honestly, I bristle at the term "discreet" when applied to breastfeeding. It seems to me that it is most often used by those who are not completely supportive of breastfeeding. The implication is that there IS something dirty about it and we should cover it as much as possible. There also seems to be the impression that there are all these "indiscreet" nursers out there waving their bare tits around in public...though rarely do those who suggest that's the case have actual...
OMG, that "expert." I can't say anything nice so I just won't say anything at all. It's amazing that the same myths get repeated over and over as truth. And so many believe it. If something gets repeated loudly enough and often enough it tends to be accepted as gospel truth and rarely gets tested again. Sigh.
I nursed my DD through my pregnancy w/ DS. She was about 3 years 2 months when he was born. She slowed down nursing while I was pregnant. I did have to impose some gentle limits for my own comfort (my nipples were sensitive the whole pregnancy). My supply dropped radically too, though DD said there was still some milk in there. She also noted the change to colostrum in the third trimester. When DS was born, she went back to nursing full tilt. LOL. The creamier milk for my...
I have been trying some self-hypnosis techniques as well as visualization (which is really a form of self-hypnosis) and EFT. So far, my cycle is beginning to function normally!!! My LP is still a little shorter than I would like, but it's no longer trully SLP. My post O temps are good and I actually had wonderful EWCF this cycle!!!! I don't know if I've conceived yet (am 12DPO right now and my temps have begun to decline), but it's beautiful to see my cycle beginning to...
As I understand it, w/o vax, adults are normally exposed to childhood illnesses as the children around them are exposed. This functions as a natural immunity booster (and may reduce problems like shingles later in life...my own speculation from all that I've read). W/o a natural exposure, our own immunity may be wearing off too. That could be very serious in the near future. Of course, the gov and pharma would suggest adult boosters. The vax are different than the natural...
I hate that fainting is treated as a non issue. Shouldn't that be a cause for investigation? Seems to me that fainting after a vax could indicate a neuro rxn or even if it's a blood pressure issue. Could be an indicator that something very serious is happening to the body. I think the possible effects of this will continue to go uninvestigated b/c then the FDA and Merck can continue to say "there's no evidence that Garasil causes harm..." Well, of course there's no...
I'm working on slimming down and we've been trying for another baby for about 2 years now. I'd kept putting off weight loss b/c I was focusing on trying to get pg or at least being open to another baby. I didn't realize how long the journey would be. So, now I'm slowly, but surely getting fitter. If I conceive, then I'll enter a holding pattern (tryinhg to stay healthy but not trying to lose weight) until the baby's born. That way, things will work out either way.