or Connect

Posts by ncas72

Brielle Luna was born on Monday 10/10. 6lb 11oz. We made it to the hospital just in time. We arrived at 7am and she was born at 8:46am.   On Sunday morning, I slipped and fell. I hit my belly on the corner of the bed. I started having some heavy contractions immediately after for about 20 minutes. My belly didn't hurt and I only felt silly for falling so I didn't call the doctor. A few hours later, I lost my mucus plug so I decided to call the doctor and explain...
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am definitely going to rest and be careful.   DH and I talked about what needs to be done and we also asked family for specific help. My parents will cook 2 meals and DH's parents will cook 2 meals each week. One night will be pizza night and that leaves DH with only 2 nights to cook. As far as cleaning, someone from my family will help out one day a week and someone from DH's family will help out one day a week. I made a list of items we still need for baby and my...
I'm back home again. Thank you everyone for responding.   We are going to continue seeing the midwife and find a MFM OB as a back up in case I deliver early. Tomorrow, we are going to discuss a payment plan with the midwife and insurance can cover the OB. This way we will be covered for homebirth if we make it to 37 weeks and hospital if not.   I'm glad to be home but of course, we pick up DS who has been staying with my parents and he has a fever of 101. My...
They did do an ultrasound on Saturday. Everything was looking good but I haven't had another ultrasound since the discharge started.
Thank you guys for the positive vibes and responses.   Everything looks great with the baby and they are unsure why this is happening. No UTI, they did test for other infections and gave me an antibiotic already as a precaution.   I'm not sure if the midwife would attend our birth at this hospital because of the distance. Also, if we have her attend, we have to pay out of pocket for her which was the original intent anyway before we found out insurance would...
Hi everyone,   I havent been on much lately cause it is harvest season for us but now I've got lots of time to update. I went to the labor and delivery in my hometown because I was having contractions every 5 minutes. By the time they got me hooked up to the monitors, the contractions were coming every 2 to 3 minutes. They started me on procardia but couldn´t get the contractions to stop so they gave me a steroid shot for the babies lungs and transfered me to the...
I bought a few cloth diapers and that is it so far. My first pregnancy was a loss and we conceived our son with IUI 2 years later. We have been trying for 4 years so this pregnancy is definitely a surprise. We haven't really discussed names for this baby either. By this point in the pregnancy with my son, we had furniture, clothes, a name. I want to go buy things for my little girl but I keep telling myself wait until you're further along. Luckily, I have been given some...
I am so sorry for your loss!
My midwife called today to say that everything looks good. She does want me to take it easy because of the braxton hicks contractions that occur when I'm active. If I experience any extreme pressure again or contractions that don't go away after an hour of rest, I'm to call immediately and go in to be checked.   Thank you everyone for the good thoughts. I feel so relieved right now.