or Connect

Posts by moonbeem

UPDATE;  We are almost a month out from the incident. There is no visable problem with his penis, however there are some lingering emotional and  maybe physical signs.   We have done much diaper free time at home, and potty learning is coming along. I have resorted to bribing him with treats to use the potty. It's working, kind of rubs my parenting philosophies and ideals the wrong way - but setting those aside, he is making potty progress! That's what matters now....
UPDATE:  Infection at tip, where the opening was forced open and wiped.   Now what?  He remains scared at changes, doesn't want us (his dad or I) to touch his penis. He was injured by a wet wipe, and is very skitish about having anyone down there now. I think I will get a peri bottle for cleanings and maybe use cloth wipes instead.   What to do about the tip of his foreskin? I suspect infection based on redness, smell (yes I put my nose very near his penis,...
i think your friendship is the best thing for her.   Enjoy her kids, and maybe you will be the adult that helps give them the props they need to mitigate some of her negativity.   Medication is a crapshoot, and in my experience did more harm than good. If she is open to a holistic path, i'd encourage her to have her hormones tested and to ONLY accept bio-identical hormones as treatment to balance what is out of whack. Depression, day sleeping, anxiety are all...
How are things now? What did you discover or do?
Oh yes also - as to your question Blessed with Boys - if the little guy is whole and intact nothing is going to get in there. The skin is fused to the glans. It's kind of like how your fingernails are, (imagine your nails are trimmed close to the skin - super long nails don't count in this analogy)  Things don't go into the nail bed unless they are forced under there. You could smash blueberries and your hands would be blue but under your finger / nail - nothing.
Thanks Blessed with Boys. i tried to use this space to air my anxieties, as I did try to present a calm, validating presence for him. I only initiated the conversation about his penis, after that I waited for him to bring it up, and to his older brother - i shared that I was glad he was telling us that someone hurt him. It was a chance to reinforce the need to tell when there is a wrong touch.   So sorry bout the toilet seat - that sounds so ouchy! Glad he is well...
I don't think she did it maliciously at all. In fact she feels really terrible about, so I'm using it as a teaching moment. It is helping me to forgive if I can believe that the info I expose her to will one day help others. In fact if she finds it in her heart to become a knowledgable intactivist nurse then maybe it would help many others. So glad that I kept anger in check and have been thoughtful about how i speak with her about this.   My son says it doesn't...
Thank you Lazurii. Visably he appears normal. He moved it around tonight, pulled it up to show me the underside and pointed down the shaft where the outline of the glans was, and identified that as the spot that hurts right now. My understanding is that we can't really know what is going on inside. When he came home yesterday there was purpleness and swelling - to me that indicates tissue damage. I believe it was an awful experience for him.   I am trying to be...
I need some replies of support and direction!  This happened Saturday between 11am - 2:30pm. He told me about Jenny hurting him with tears in his eyes. Diaper changes he covered his penis with his hands and pleaded for me to please not hurt him. He cried and talked in his sleep saying her name and hurt over and over.   I have been validating his pain and telling him what she did was wrong. I have told him I was so sorry. He pitifully but sweetly said "that's okay...
My son was violated today by a person I allowed to care for him. She is an acquaintance I have know for a couple of years, she has done day care, is PTA involved, is studying nursing. I trusted her to supervise a play date, this was to be the kickoff of a babysitting exchange.   As I always do when someone may change my son's diaper I had the intact convo. He is a young 3 y.o. and still in diapers. I said, ''He is still intact - he has his foreskin - only wipe it...