or Connect

Posts by artemis80

I want to learn to sew. I have my mom's 1980s model Singer, but it needs repair due to some sort of timing issue. The needle hits something underneath it. Are 1980s Singers high-quality enough that I should have it repaired, or would it make more sense to purchase a new entry-level machine? I'm thinking $200 or less.   Thanks!
Very anecdotally, I don't think I ovulated the first four years I had my Mirena (no period, no sense of hormones waxing and waning throughout the month). Now I am in my fifth year, and I have had a regular period like clockwork for the past 8 months. I'm guessing it's possible that the hormone in the device starts to fade toward the end.   My guess would be that you would be less likely to conceive with a Mirena than with the non-hormonal IUD, but that if you wanted...
I don't really have an answer, but I can definitely relate. DH and I have one DS who is almost 5. DH hasn't gotten the big V (yet), but he doesn't want more. I really feel like I want one more, but, like you, I don't want to force it on him. And if we did have another, I know I would spend the first couple years frustrated and resentful because of his lack of participation. DH doesn't have a lot of energy, and he is a major introvert, so he needs a lot of space and...
If you are going to be affiliated with the UO, the Co-op Family Center has worked really well for us. It feels more like a family, and less like a school/overly structured setting. They serve vegetarian meals and follow the Reggio Emilia approach. Here's their website: http://sites.google.com/site/spencerviewcoop/home   We are just starting to look into the public schools (although I grew up here, so I already have a sense). There is a public charter Montessori school....
The Mirena will not affect an HPT. If you think you are pregnant, you should test. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by artemis80 OP, I am hardly a fashionista, but that jumper is heinous. Please, please, please do not wear that. I would like to tone down my previous remark, which I wrote under the impression that the corduroy jumper was, in fact, denim. I would call the corduroy version merely "unfashionable," rather than "heinous." Just thought I would clear that up.
Quote: Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi We are both taking about this link, right? http://www.womensdressesonline.net/s...belted-sweater Not exactly the same but headed there, for sure. Are you.......serious? Those don't even begin to be the same look. OP, I am hardly a fashionista, but that jumper is heinous. Please, please, please do not wear that. And this is coming from someone who's wearing a wrinkled solid-color T-shirt from JC...
Ben & Jerry's Milk Life Cereal
Dude who sat in front of me in all my classes. If that's too long, I might shorten it to "man stink."
I've always wondered what the amenities are like. Do they have bunk beds, or a bit nicer? How long is a shift -- how many days? Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering Well, that's a handy piece of information to file away. Do they accept toddlers? What about four year olds who have been saying "baby butt" over and over for the past three hours?