or Connect

Posts by Kate&Joey

Back to Work - I'm sort of enjoying being out of the house and having a break!  But then I have to cram everything into the few hours I'm home each day.  That is not all that fun.  I'm really hoping that things will get a lot easier once DH is around.  Just getting both kids to school/daycare and taking care of the animals is draining.  Then I get to work and have to plan my pumping schedule around calls / meetings / when I need to leave that day.  Bleh.   Teeth - Yep,...
Welcome!  I also wanted to reply since "Declan" was probably our number 1 boy's name...but we had a girl.    As far as rice cereal, I totally agree with Katie.  With DS, I delayed all solids until closer to 7 months.  But I had a sample packet of organic rice cereal so I mixed it with breast milk and offered it to him just so he could practice with solids.  After a few days, I changed to mashed banana and avocado.  He preferred food with stronger flavors...and still...
Black bean dip and tortilla chips / pepper slices Cream cheese based spread and mini bagels   I often do salads based on a grain (couscous / quinoa / mini pasta shapes ) and veggie (anything really) and a protein (chick peas / black beans / cannelini beans / cheese).   HTH!
Question: how are you ladies bathing your babies?  We had a soft tub that goes in the bathroom sink.  Elodie HATES it with a passion...and she's outgrowing it so I doubt I could bathe her in the sink much longer anyway.  She loves going in the big tub with us, but that isn't practical for a quick weeknight cleaning.   Do you put the babies in the bathtub, lean over, and prop them with your free arm?  Or do you use full size baby tubs?  Are there other options?  I hate to...
Yay for a new thread!  Lots of changes here with us....   I finally went back to work last week so this is our first full week with daycare.  Of course, DH is traveling constantly.  Last week, he arranged to be in town so he could help out more with the transition.  Today was the first day for me (solo) to get everyone where they were supposed to be.  Morning was a bit hectic, but I can see where I can tweek the schedule and hopefully get to work before 9:00...that's my...
We've started using the Exersaucer as well.  Yesterday, DH put it in the back yard while he was cleaning up the garden.  DD entertained herself for quite a while!   This pic was last month so right before five months...but close enough.   
KQ - DH is at the game! He's been working late all week and got to use the Big Boss' tickets tonight.
Interesting and timely question! DSD showed up at our house a few weeks ago with sports bras for soccer and a 'bralette' to wear under regular shirts. She's 9. Both DH and I think she's too young and not sure whose idea this was: her or her mother's. Will read along....
 Look at that face!!!!  So adorable.
Thanks everyone for the swaddling input!  It's not that she likes swaddling, but I do think she settles better with the swaddle than without.  Honestly, I don't put her down for naps so I can't experiment with that.  She either naps on me after nursing, in the carrier on a walk, or in the car.  The few times I tried to put her down, her eyes popped open immediately and I just wanted her to get her rest.  I thought she was going to drift off in her crib today when I put her...