or Connect

Posts by Pigpen

Quote: Originally Posted by lotus.blossom I have become quite the coupon evangelist these days. I get so much stuff for free its insane. Also I stock up on things we need everyday because those trips to the store for toothpaste when we run out, always end up costing more than that. I like shopping out of my pantry when we need stuff. After reading everyone's posts...I'm re-thinking the coupon thing...would love to get stuff free! Probably a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Denvergirlie Buy a berkey water filter. $12 a week is over $600 a year for drinking water. For half that cost you can buy a Berkey water filter and filter your tap water. I'm actually saving up for one of these right now! I'm about 2 weeks away from ordering one...I'm glad to hear you like yours. I've been reading reviews and it sounds like a winner. Have you ever taken yours camping? The one I want says it will...
Quote: Originally Posted by mnnice First, the poll you linked if nearly 4 years old. I bet nearly ever poster regardless of eating style/diet spend more than they did four years ago (unless they have had several teenagers move out and become independent). Second, I actually think your prices are about the same as mine in Podunk, WI. I noticed that the poll was older but I didn't think prices had changed that much! Of course, 4 years ago, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyS No, in my case, it's, "I spend $300 cause that's what we have, and it stinks, but it's doable, and we eat pretty good considering." I have to say that rings true for us too. There have been weeks when I had $100 to spend and somehow it was possible, although I couldn't get some luxury items like paper towels and really squeezing out that last bit of toothpaste to make it until next payday. I save quite a bit...
I was just reading this GRS poll http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/20...spend-on-food/ and it's really got me thinking about how much people spend on groceries per month, and how much your location factors into it. I'm curious, for those of us who track our expenses, how much can we reasonably spend on food? Obviously the goal is to spend as little as possible, but on this particular web-site the general reader isn't concerned about "organic, free-range, natural" etc. like...
Quote: Originally Posted by cocobean We love, love, love this recipe!! I've made it several times and it freezes really well! http://nourishedkitchen.com/baked-oatmeal/ Oh man! That recipe looks AMAZING...gonna try it tomorrow morning (soaking my oats tonight)
These can be completely raw or partial. My most picky eater can't get enough of these, and they're easy to make so I can have them on hand all the time. No-Bake Nut Butter Energy Bars > 1/2 c. agave nectar > 2 tbsp coconut oil > 1 1/2 c. nut butter > 2 c. oats > 2 scoops vanilla protein powder > 1/2 c. raisins, dried cranberries or dried fruit of choice > 1/2 c. choc chips > 1/2 c. slivered almonds > 1/2 c. sunflower seeds > > Warm agave, coconut oil,...
...I was just thinking about how busy we are as Jehovah's people. We don't have a lot of free time but should never be too preoccupied for our friends We've been extra busy here with our KH remodel...it's excited to see it in action. Also the convention this summer is on everyone's minds. Exciting times!!! Hello zebrachick! I wish it was cold here...or showing any sign of "thinking" about getting cold. I actually had to use the A/C a couple days ago
I just read your blog and I'm just amazed at your strength and heartbroken for you and your family. I can only imagine what it would be like to lose my mom. I keep thinking about your words, it sounds like your mom was a cherished sister by those who knew her. You and your family are in my prayers...I am so sorry sister.
Quote: Originally Posted by dillonandmarasmom This is a great tshirt pattern. oops, it's posted already. I'll just add it's super quick and fun to embellish/add pics/patterns to. I think I have to make this one for myself...I am a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl, and I need an excuse to buy yarn