or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

Oh wow!  Student family housing would be awesome.  The rates for child care are pretty average--with two kids, $2500 is just the rate.  Although it seems we cannot make up the cash difference with me staying home, apparently I'm worth about $1500/mo in child care alone.   Thanks for the tips.  I might just do that.  I looked up au pairs and it is not realistic--I did not realize the prices were not negotiable as apparently, and this was not clear to me at first--I...
Hi everyone.  It's been a long time since I posted since I really needed to get stuff done.  It's getting done.  :)   I was accepted to UW.  Yay.  Now I need to move to Seattle and make this work.  Any help or references to other threads are welcome.  I posted here vs. working and student mamas because Seattle costs are very important to making this scenario work (where, who, how far, etc.)   The factors:   My daughter loves pre-school and she's always been...
I won't be posting for awhile, as I've got a lot of jobs going on right now, and MDC is just too convenient for me to access while working on my computer, where I need to be efficient.  So if you reply to me on a thread and I don't answer, it's because I've set up leechblock to stop my online gossip addiction.  :sheepish grin:  See you all after the holidays and may you have a blessed, joyous season!
Oh, and FWIW... it's not that I want GD to make me the good person... I think we're all kind of in a continual struggle for that, and this looked like the best toolkit for parenting I could have in that respect, vs. other self-help parenting books.  Not that I chose GD to improve myself as a specific task.  I realize it read like that.
    But you might be able to prevent them from being a long-winded blabbermouth like me, LOL!   That is exactly what I meant... maybe not only guarantee, but also (inversely), you will not guarantee the opposite, either.       I agree with this and while I think AP and GD certainly fit my beliefs better, I don't think they are the be-all and end-all of ethical parenting.  Nice to know we all have some room!       I agree 100% and again... maybe that's because I don't see...
Fun!   I hate peppermint but I'm happy for you, LOL...
    My understanding was that the OP and a lot of us deal with sudden, flash-flood type tantrum situations that just appear out of nowhere.  It's pretty uncanny, in fact, LOL!  So while this is great, as many have noted, for a rational child, it does not apply when you have a 3 - 6 year old creating drama literally at the drop of the hat.     "no longer" "shouldn't ever"   These are all emotionally-charged, absolute phrases that I did not use anywhere in my posts.  My...
I don't think we have had anything you could actually eat in the past month.  o_O   We're kind of new to our friends... only here for a year, so I guess her allergy never came up.  Oh well.  At least I had some other foods.  
Well, higher than Texas, but... anyway, nevermind, how's the OP doing?
SSM, I think the OP has already tried these methods, like, before she posted, probably for months or even years, and they weren't working for her, and she's having a hard time seeing how/why they are working for other people.   And the answer is probably temperament, and also, OP, I forgot to mention... I'm not sure how many other kids were in that class, but let's say ten.  I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they all happened to be easier to discipline...