or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

I would probably be willing to do rain boots and socks down to freezing.  Below freezing, I want a good boot.  I will assume that they could be out for up to an hour playing in snow.   We have these Sorels:   http://cgi.ebay.com/SOREL-CUB-WINTER-SNOW-RAIN-BOOTS-GIRLS-TODDLER-sz-7-/190468670039?pt=US_Baby_Toddler_Shoes&hash=item2c58d14257   I got them on Sierra Trading Post for $35 / pair brand new but they aren't there anymore.  They are awesome.  Totally...
Most days we don't have ANY TV and limited screen time in front of the computer with games (say, 15 minutes).   If she's sick enough to lie there still for hours, then absolutely, she can watch what she wants.  I have DD2 to watch as well and I can't be reading to her that whole time so she deserves some entertainment.  Sometimes if she's mildly ill, I'll put on the TV and figure out the DVD player to get her to sit there.  And yes, pyjamas all day, or whatever comfy...
LOL!  I think your response is probably best.  That's really incredibly self-centered of her.   I understand doing hypno-babies--a lot of women on MDC use it and apparently they, too, insist that people use positive birth language or they just avoid them.  However, if you consider how often a person gets horror stories shoved down her throat, I can kind of understand that.  It's not my style, but I can understand it.   I can NOT understand not returning the...
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12   My problem is that sometimes when I click to reply, I can't use paragraphs or any of the auto-formatting.  I have to go to the source code, and then get back out of source code, for everything to work.  Clicking "source" twice is way easier than typing everything in HTML but it's irritating.  It does not happen every time.  My ISP has issues but this has not happened...
I mean the body of Christ, all the people that believe they are Christian, from Mormons to Catholics to Orthodox to Lutherans to Pentacostals to everyone else.  I think the vast, vast majority believe they are Christian because Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He died to save us from our sins.  John 3:16 and all that.
I have disdain for the notion that having a talent is having a huge burden.   Parenting isn't a walk in the park, period.  All children have to come to grips with their limitations and their talents at some point.  I truly think that being above-average and even exceptional in at least something is better than not being exceptional in anything, so I guess I do think that it's more a parent's baggage, than an objective difficulty children have to face.   I mean... isn't...
I completely agree with you that the mask issue is wrong.  If masks are required medically, everyone with an exemption, regardless of reason, should be wearing one.  The hospital is totally using a mask as a punishment, rather than as a hygiene tool.  This is something that any court would agree with, I think, and I do not think it would be wrong to take it to court, though you might get fired, unfortunately!   I also wish more thimerosal-free shots were available, but as...
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Flu+shots+mandatory+at+Virginia+Mason%3B+H1N1+virus%3B+Nurses+union+sues...-a0208924831   The recent lawsuit... I can't find whether they won or not.  There are contact details for the reporter in there.
If you skip to the end, I give you legal tips and links, while I disagree with your personal choice you are in the right legally and this battle has been fought in court with the refusing nurses winning.       I'm not a nurse, I've just lived with a few and watched them get their flu shots annually for at least eight years or so.  They always complain, "UGH, the flu shot again, I'm going to get the flu in 36 hours, see you all next week."  There are exemptions but not in...
OP, can you clarify?  Are you asking, "Does anyone own the term "christian" or can I define it for myself?"  Or are you asking, "Does the community known as "Christians" accept those who do not think Jesus as God, as Christians?"   If it's the former, sure, call yourself a Buddhist if you like, there aren't any laws about it.  ;)   If it's the latter, no.  You all could form a splinter group of heretics and you wouldn't be the first... as a PP pointed out,...