or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

Hm.   I don't do "character qualities" I suppose, because for me, who you are is what you do.  It comes down to love, I suppose.   Though, I guess the question is specific.  I think it depends on the child's temperament.  There are a lot of important character traits, and we have to encourage our kids to cultivate their natural talents and strengthen their weaknesses.  So they would be different.  For DD1, her natural talents lie in generosity, humor, and...
As an ex-Christian who was once a heretic (Sabellian), my answer is "no".  It is hard for me to say I'm not a Christian because I believe a lot of what Jesus was reported to say.  I guess I just have my doubts that it was only him that said it, that the Bible was historical, and much more, that he was God in a concrete sense.  I don't know if I ever felt Christ, per se, in my heart.   However if it's important to you, you can always call yourself a "cultural...
EDD2 has sensitive skin, and gets raging rashes very quickly if she poops in a diaper and sits there for any amount of time.  Once my husband had her and didn't change her for two hours, or check her.  She had open sores.  :(  He was just clueless.   For her, the only thing that works is naked time.  I do wash a lot of bedding, and she sleeps on the waterproof cover and I cover pee spots at night with lap pads.  Daytime is naked all the time except when out, then I...
  Bwahaha.  My toddler can climb on to the top of the medicine cabinet and touch the ceiling in the time it takes me to fish my mobile out of my purse (not a big purse, but cluttered, okay, disgusting).  In the time it used to take me to form a couple of loaves of bread, my first was able to push a chair over to a window and climb on the windowsill.   Either you don't bake / cook much, you didn't have a climber/runner (the type that looks for a street to run into the...
Was that in quotes?   Sorry.  I just meant, if the kid's not in arm's reach, accidents can happen.  No, really.  If there's a door, a finger can be slammed in it.  If there's an oven, a child can open that door.  If there's a baby gate, a 9-month-old can climb over it.  At least... some can.     alle
    I disagree.  I'm not speaking out of my butt here.  I didn't learn anything at school until seventh grade (Algebra).  School came extremely easily to me.  I don't think I studied anything until AP and college classes in high school and still graduated in the top 2% of my class.  I didn't take any prep--not one practice test-- and was a National Merit Scholar after three hours' sleep.  And what rang true with me was, whatever you do, do it as unto God.   I think it is...
Seriously?  I think it's standard at nearly 100% of hospitals around the country.  I've never heard of a hospital not having this.  Is this your first nursing position?
I bled after delivering the placenta both times, even though my midwife did it all naturally.  It might have been that I was not standing to deliver the placenta, and thus had to push it out.  However, I would be prepared to know exactly when I'd want to call an ambulance.  I don't think you can keep pitocin at home.   I wouldn't mess around with blood loss.  It can screw up your milk supply in a massive way and you can't nurse and do skin-to-skin when you're in...
I agree with all the eminently reasonable people, including the OP, that:   1.  Grandma should not have been watching baby because she is falling asleep on her watch.  It's not as though she's doing this 10 hrs a day, five days a week (still wouldn't be okay, but would be understandable).  All the other stuff, I can see as cultural, etc.  But not falling asleep.   2.  DP is way, way, WAY over-reacting.  Do not wish my mom dead.  That freaking hurts.  That is a...
We eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner together.  We have two snacks together.   You do not have to eat anything I prepare, but you may not have a special meal prepared for you.   You may have any condiments on your food you wish, within reason (if you can spoon it into your mouth, it's not a condiment, so put down the ketchup already, LOL).   Food is a gift and you must treat it with respect: no spitting, throwing, lazy dropping, playing, or mixing playing so...