or Connect

Posts by EdnaMarie

I'm sorry, loraxc, I really was referring to the talk being used in this discussion, not trying to extrapolate from that on to the person's view of their child in general.   I'm well aware that all of us here are fallible parents trying to love our kids as best as we can, and that we all have had different experiences.   However, I do maintain that discussing people as though they can achieve happiness by having one aspect of their personality supported better, is looking...
Yes, but since "three in one" is literally senseless in this universe, I think it's fair to expect a more detailed explanation or metaphorical comparison... but there are none.  "Three and one at the same time" is a contradiction in terms.  Usually we expect paradoxes to be explained.    
I do a lot of inviting on facebook nowadays, so there usually is a written invite.   I need nut-free people to TELL ME because my entire house is nut-contaminated.  Nuts are a major snack and despite my best intentions, my kids eat them out of the kitchen.  I would probably even run everything through the dishwasher before someone with a severe allergy came over--seriously, it's that bad.  We had to wash DD's hands before she went to school in a nut-free school and...
I can't imagine having a party for people I didn't know reasonably well or care about.  That said, it seems that a lot of vegetarians, vegans and people with allergies and sensitivities are used to bringing their own food.  I can understand the guest not expecting to be accommodated, or not asking for special food, but as the host, how do you feel about it?   In my opinion this poll applies to nearly all sizes of parties.  After all, in a small group, you know...
    Agreed.  Not only that, but it's the consequence most adults face when we do socially unacceptable or harmful things to others.  They don't go up to a loud drunk in a restaurant and smack him on the butt, do they?  Or take away his cell phone?  First, they would cut him off, then, if the behavior didn't improve, he'd be asked to leave.  If he refused, they would physically remove him.  And if he was belligerent and violent, he would be locked up somewhere (viz....
    Uh, I experience it all the time (with GIRLS!  OMG!  LOL).   I leave the area.   Yes it sucks.   Yes it is tiring.   Yes people stare.   Welcome to my world.  You can look at my past posts.  My kids are monkeys.  But that does not mean we have to impose on others.   FWIW, my kids know I'm serious when I tell them, "You may not do that here.  We will leave if you continue."  It took DD1 a few times to get it, but she got it (though I started with her younger).  DD2 is...
I do!  I definitely think inquiring about family structure is too personal for small talk.  In the hospital, or elsewhere if needed (I'm having a hard time thinking of where but I'm sure there are times) "I need to ask you a few questions about your marital status and family structure for the paperwork," will suffice as a polite introduction to such questions.  Outside of it, people will explain when they're ready.  
I would have assumed in any case that there would be at least one plain pizza.  I do not think your assumptions were off at all.       Really?  Vegetarian pizza is usually cheaper and half/half pizzas are not more expensive.   I have never in my life been to a party with more than three people in which only one type of pizza was on offer.  What if someone doesn't like that?  I think it's odd.  Especially PIZZA.   I can't imagine being so poor that you can *have a party*...
Okay.  I have a different tack.   I find that DD1 screams and has fits when:   1.  She is very hungry.  I.e. before she's eaten.  The best thing I can do is have a healthy snack ready for her when she wakes.  I'm up first but can you leave some nuts and dried fruits out for him to get when he wakes?   2.  She has to pee but either doesn't know it, or is ignoring it.  :irked  Honestly, there's not a lot I can do about that, except making sure that I treat...
    Snort!  Too funny.  What goes through their heads?